amplitube shounds like crap need help [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

amplitube shounds like crap need help [Resolved]

Postby threatsignal1875 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:47 pm

everyone on youtube that shows me amplitube just plugs in and everything sounds great without trying. me on the other side I plug in and sound like im playing the crappyest guitar ever. what are ALL the daw/computer settings to get this running top notch. no one tell me that secret. I would really love to buy this program once this gets fixed , then try my free trial
threatsignal1875

Re: amplitube shounds like crap need help

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:47 am

Hi threatsignal1875 and welcome to the forum.

It would help us a lot if you can talk us through what you have done so far and a rundown of your system specs (OS, DAW, audio interface etc) otherwise we would just be guessing what your problem could be.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby threatsignal1875 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:25 am

I got reaper daw, scarlette 18i8 interface, a schecter hellraiser sustainiac c7 guitar. all going thru a windows 10 comp with 16 gig ram its a very fast comp , ive tried switching cables , and messed with the focusright interface options, the low end of the guitar sounds like farts and I cant get any highs or mids. and I thought you weren't suppose to hear your clean signal in the monitor mixed with distortion. on you tube they are just shredding the guitar like a live performance coming out. that what I want
threatsignal1875

Postby threatsignal1875 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:25 am

I got reaper daw, scarlette 18i8 interface, a schecter hellraiser sustainiac c7 guitar. all going thru a windows 10 comp with 16 gig ram its a very fast comp , ive tried switching cables , and messed with the focusright interface options, the low end of the guitar sounds like farts and I cant get any highs or mids. and I thought you weren't suppose to hear your clean signal in the monitor mixed with distortion. on you tube they are just shredding the guitar like a live performance coming out. that what I want
threatsignal1875

Postby garfy » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:39 am

threatsignal1875 wrote:I thought you weren't suppose to hear your clean signal in the monitor mixed with distortion

For this to happen you need to make sure you have any Direct Monitoring turned off in your DAW and that the direct guitar input is muted in the Focusrite Control software. You should only be monitoring via software, whether that is DAW or AT4 standalone. Doing this may well sort your issue out, as you will be hearing the signal purely from the amp sim rather than with any direct signal messing you up.

How are you listening to the output? Headphones, studio monitors or re-amped to a guitar cab?
garfy

Postby threatsignal1875 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:07 pm

thank you garfy !! you fixed my problem ,

now the sound is clean all the way thru and feels more real time. got my highs and mids and bass, sounds like a good guitar playing now, I recorded it and the playback came back great. now the only problem I have is my palm mutes on guitar sound like palm mute scratches or ticks . and another problem I saw is I really have to strum the guitar with a thick pick to hear the distortion , if I hit it light its more clean.
threatsignal1875

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:56 am

threatsignal1875 wrote:thank you garfy !! you fixed my problem ,

Great stuff, glad that worked.

threatsignal1875 wrote:now the only problem I have is my palm mutes on guitar sound like palm mute scratches or ticks . and another problem I saw is I really have to strum the guitar with a thick pick to hear the distortion , if I hit it light its more clean.

Both of these things may be down to gain structure going into the software. Firstly, on the Scarlett input that the guitar is plugged into, make sure you have it set to be receiving "Inst" and the pad is off in the Focusrite software, then increase the gain until the green halo ring around the gain knob is lit green fairly constantly when you're playing. This ensures that your signal going through the analogue-to-digital conversion is hot enough without clipping. If the halo goes red, back off the gain a little bit.

Next, in AT4, there is an input meter and level control in the bottom left hand corner of the GUI. If this still looks low increase the level here. Note that, as long as you have set your physical control correctly on the Scarlett this does not affect the signal going into your computer just the level going into AT4. Now you should have an optimum gain structure for using AT4 and the rest is down to how you set up the various bits of gear within the software ie pedal levels, amp volume, mic placement etc.

Let us know if that helps.
garfy

Postby threatsignal1875 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:43 pm

yes everything is tone perfect on the guitar, i didnt know the input and output meters really made that much of a difference. thank you again garfy

After i got everything set on the guitar, i plugged my bass in and got a perfect one also, the only problem i found was this static sound was jumping on the master mixer about every 5 secs, i turn the AmpliTube plug in off it will stop but if i turn it back on it will come back. the static sounds like a 4 sec hiss. and it records the hiss while im playing the bass . the noise gate will not get rid of it either. the 4 sec his comes about every 15-30 sec
threatsignal1875

Postby threatsignal1875 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:40 am

never mind its fixed, i reloaded reaper and custom shop, and it went away , guess its some kind of amplitube bug, but easy to get it back up and running once you figure it out. I made up my mind now, im going to buy the amplitube max package, as soon as i feel like looking for my wallet and im lazy doing that part. this software is amazing for me.
threatsignal1875

Re: amplitube shounds like crap need help [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:57 am

I am glad to hear that you have sorted out the problem and will be up and running with AT4, once you've found your wallet.

-----------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling