Amplitube setup questions.....

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube setup questions.....

Postby Shai`tan » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Hey there. Am wondering about setting up Amplitube 4 on a windows 10 pc. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett Solo as a guitar interface. What I was hoping to do was run the usb from the Facusrite into my pc. Plug my guitar into the Focusrite interface. And be able to run the Amplitube 4 software on the pc...... so I can use the amp sims to play along with an mp3 track or youtube vid etc. ..... while monitoring using my PC usb headphones.

Is this even possible? Thx.
Shai`tan

Re: Amplitube setup questions.....

Postby cu1723 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi,

I'm using a steinberg UR 242 (and some others).
They all have "Windows Drivers" - so I can use it with youtube or any "normal" soundsource.

And of course the item has ASIO-Drivers. That's what I'm using with amplitube.

And yes, you can use both drivers at the same time.

Sometimes I'm playing amplitube while running an youtube-video or an mp3, somtimes I'm using my DAW (cubase) - with or without amplitube - while playing mp3 ore youtube.
Thank you for reading this!
cu1723

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:04 am

Hello Shai'tan and welcome to the forum.

I don't run Windows so can't personally confirm that what you want to do is possible.

However, you will find the (free) Custom Shop version of AT4 in your User Area which you can download, install and authorise to check and confirm whether it will run as you want it to. If you find that it does, you can then decide which paid for version you want to purchase, depending on how much gear you want to start off with.

Alternatively, you can stay on the Custom Shop version and just by pieces of gear as and when you want to.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:48 pm

We also have an entry in our FAQ about how to play along with other sources while using AmpliTube in Windows: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1236
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Shai`tan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:05 am

I did check out the FAQ, and am more than a tad bewildered by the hoops rerouting ya gotta go through just to run Amplitube on a pc.... and everything else 1 needs to do ala ASIO drivers, Virtual Cable driver etc just to run a youtube vid or mp3 to allow us to use Amplitube 4 to play along with a youtube vid or mp3.

Tbth... it gives me near brainlock trying to understand it all. lol
Shai`tan

Postby garfy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:27 pm

It does seem like a pain, but I don't think it is specifically anything to do with IK software or AmpliTube, but that Windows can only address one audio stream at a time.
garfy

Postby Shai`tan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Well, I might give this a go on the weekend. I just hope I can monitor Amplitube 4, and either a youtube vid or mp3 ... or CD/DVD etc using my PC usb attached headphones. In Stereo. I have absolutely no experience using stuff like the ASIO drivers or VirtualCable etc.

It would have been cool if there was a video I could watch actually demoing this kind of setup. Aaaah well.
Shai`tan

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:11 pm

Shai`tan wrote: It would have been cool if there was a video I could watch actually demoing this kind of setup. Aaaah well.

The images in the FAQ I linked above are animated GIFs showing you how to perform the steps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Shai`tan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Yes I watched them. What I was meaning was a vid with a guy actually walking us through the steps. hehhhehhe Anyways, I`ll give it a go.
Shai`tan

Re: Windows Simultaneous Youtube and Amplitube link broken

Postby Rlocke68 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:49 pm

The link referenced link: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1236
appears to be broken. Can you please update?
Thanks.
Rlocke68

Postby DarkStar » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Click on "How can I use AmpliTube to play along to music on Windows? (YouTube, Spotify, Pandora, etc.)" on that web page; it's a link that expands the answer.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Shai`tan » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:26 am

well, I have bought amplitube 4. And of course setting up the midi has been impossible for me. Amplitube 4s midi setup doesn`t recognise my focusrite 2i2 as my input device. Not does it see my usb speakers as my output device. Funny thing though, windows audio or direct sound if chosen do see both my input and output devices. Go figure.

I have a support ticket sent in. Hope someone can help with this.
Shai`tan

Postby garfy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Thread locked as being duplicated in another thread.
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling