Custom Shop 1.8 not working with Amplitube 4.9

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop 1.8 not working with Amplitube 4.9

Postby iankinzel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:46 am

Whenever I try to acquire a new effect via Custom Shop, I get a dialog box telling me that Custom Shop is out of date. I've uninstalled Custom Shop and downloaded/installed the latest version of Custom Shop several times, but I keep getting the same dialog box. I cannot use Custom Shop at all.

(Windows 10)
iankinzel

Re: Custom Shop 1.8 not working with Amplitube 4.9

Postby vincentlugo » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:56 am

i'm getting the same issue what is going on???
vincentlugo

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:49 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:49 pm

Make sure you also have the very latest version of AmpliTube from your IK User Area which is v4.9.1.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby iankinzel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Make sure you also have the very latest version of AmpliTube from your IK User Area which is v4.9.1.

How do I update? Do I have to totally uninstall the older version first and then install 4.9.1?
iankinzel

Postby garfy » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:55 pm

No need to uninstall iankinzel, it will automatically install over the top of the previous version.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby iankinzel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:26 pm

I installed 4.9.1 and then installed Custom Shop 1.8 again. Still "out of date." :shock:
iankinzel

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:45 pm

iankinzel wrote:I installed 4.9.1 and then installed Custom Shop 1.8 again. Still "out of date." :shock:

In that case, I'd suggest seeking official support is the best route via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby satomlinson » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:48 am

did it me last night on my very first install. I just hit the download prompt then quickly hit the help button I got into the store and stayed in.
satomlinson

Postby iankinzel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:58 am

satomlinson wrote:did it me last night on my very first install. I just hit the download prompt then quickly hit the help button I got into the store and stayed in.

"then quickly hit the help button I got into the store and stayed in" - I don't quite follow. So I hit the help button in Custom Shop...now what?
iankinzel

Postby satomlinson » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:16 pm

kind of hard to explain I did it out of frustration I guess

I just open up custom shop and started mashing on the help button for some reason I accessed the store and have had no issues since.

I was just trying to beat the dialog pop up of wrong version appearing on the screen
satomlinson

Postby armonshakur@yahoo.com » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:35 am

iankinzel wrote:Whenever I try to acquire a new effect via Custom Shop, I get a dialog box telling me that Custom Shop is out of date. I've uninstalled Custom Shop and downloaded/installed the latest version of Custom Shop several times, but I keep getting the same dialog box. I cannot use Custom Shop at all.

(Windows 10)
Same exact thing on my end bro and i'm still running Windows 8.1 so it's not on the Windows end/fault surprisingly lol smh.. That's something going on with IK multimedia's end whether or not if they want to acknowledge, and or admit that fact!!

I, we/others can use, get into the "Custom Shop, BUT, what you can't do..<<<SCRATCH THAT!!

>>>> WAIT!!>>News flash.. This may be the fixer as simple as it is lol.. MAKE SURE YOU'RE SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT DIRECTLY FROM CUSTOM SHOP APP.

Once i did that i was able gain access to every terminal. The only time it showed that the current software version needs to be updated message is when i tried to click on the (side bar) thumb nail of the Vst i wanted to review..

>>But after i logged directly into my account i was able to access the "T-Racks 5" family of plugins which it was not allowing me to do prior.. Or maybe it did, was, i wasn't signed directly in CS login tho initially.. Even before i deleted CS from my computer and re-downloaded smh lol. Moving to fast!!

But i was able to engage the purchase direct from the app feature so.. You should be good if you (Login directly thru CS app) bro!! Glad i figured that simplistic, basic crap out.. It's always the little things like login into your account from the app that will have you baffled as to why something isn't working, well duh..

I presume that that may be a "new" feature recently added to the update for security reasons, and i'm not sure if IK is even aware of it..

Or it could just be our dumbness, naivety not realizing that we have to sign in first before we can buy anything directly from the app.. Makes sense now looking back in retrospect lmao!! I don't even think there's a problem, just a mere oversight smh

But make sure your logged in bro, you should be able to do in app purchases at that point.. It's easy to FORGET to sign/login bkz it's an app directly on your hard drive/PC, so we tend to think we can open anything up freely and gain access to what we want being that it's on our PC ahah!!
armonshakur@yahoo.com

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling