No sound AmpliTube 4 on macbook

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

No sound AmpliTube 4 on macbook

Postby vac713 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:02 pm

I’m getting increasingly frustrated trying to get answers so I’m appealing to you folks. I have been running AmpliTube Max with Axe IO on my Mac mini for some time now with no issues.
I recently got a MacBook Pro and for the life of me, I cannot get sound on it

I am using a IRig pro on the MacBook

In system preferences, I have the iRig Pro IO selected. I also went into security and gave the microphone access to AmpliTube 4. When I go back to system preferences and select sound, I’m seeing input signal.

I’m not seeing any indication that there is signal in the AmpliTube ap though
My input device is IRig HD pro and the output is built in output (I flipped back and forth between built in and IRig HD pro to no avail). Midi input is IRig Pro IO. Help
vac713

Re: No sound AmpliTube 4 on macbook

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:34 pm

Hi vac713

Have you tried using the iRig Pro on your MacMini? This would at least confirm that the hardware is working and therefore possibly a software or settings issue with the MBP.

vac713 wrote:My input device is IRig HD pro and the output is built in output

Sometimes you can't mix/match input and output hardware. You could try to create an Aggregate Device within macOS which may allow you to use different I/O.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby roccand » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:23 pm

I have the same problem ! :roll:
roccand

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:56 am

Hi roccand and welcome to the forum.

roccand wrote:I have the same problem ! :roll:

As vac713 hasn't responded to let us know whether my suggestion of an aggregate device worked, I would respectfully suggest that you contact support on the link shown above. They will give you some one-to-one help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling