Program Change assignment - save as file

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Program Change assignment - save as file

Postby cu1723 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:50 pm

Hi,

left beside the field, where the preset is shown, you can assign program changes to presets.
Same with the "Midi Button" on the right bottom.

Now I'm playing in different Bands - And I want to use one Program Change Set (From 001 to 128) per Band.
So I need to save the program change assignment into a file and load different program change assignments. One for each Band.

1. Do you know how I can solve this problem?
2. Is there a file where the assignments are changed? Mayby I can only change the file for each Band.

cu
Thank you for reading this!
cu1723

Re: Program Change assignment - save as file

Postby stateofepicicity » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:31 am

One way, and this would work with the VST2.4, and this would be a workaround for what you want to achieve, not what you’re actually asking for, would be to assign program changes for the first band to MIDI Channel 1, and set Amplitube itself to receive MIDI on channel 1, then program your presets for the second band in the preset management system of your DAW, and assign that to MIDI channel 2. It’s not as clean of a solution as what you’re envisioning, but it should work.

Best of luck!
stateofepicicity

Re: Program Change assignment - save as file

Postby cu1723 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:47 am

Hi,
Thank you for that hint. But for me thats sounds to complicate.
I have tryed Gigperformer, too. But It' a problem to send Program Changes to Amplitube.

BUT it seems, that there is a (simple) solution.
The file

\Users\$USERNAME\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 4\ProgramChangePresetList.ik

holds the data for the ProgramChange / Presets asignments.

So the plan is, just to replace this file for each Band.

I hope, there are no sideefects. The file is a simple xml - file. There are the names (path from presetfolder) to the sound.

Maybe I'm building a littel tool to edit this file (problem: I'm a php / JavaScript developer, no C# or Java :-)

cu
Thank you for reading this!
cu1723

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling