Custom Shop says trial expired

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop says trial expired

Postby Ricky Wayne Hunt » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Apparently I had the Amplitube (regular?) plugin on my system before. When I try the free Custom Shop plugin I get the trial expired message. I've uninstalled everything, cleaned the registry, etc. and it still will not work. Advice, please. TIA
Ricky Wayne Hunt

Re: Custom Shop says trial expired

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello freendeed and welcome to the forum.

"AmpliTube Custom Shop" is the full AmpliTube 4 software plus some gear models. The installer also installs the Custom Shop and Authorization Manager programs, optionally.

If you had any version of AmpliTube installed and Authorised, then you should be able to run the Custom Shop program, log in, go to the AmpliTube section and click [Gear] >> Restore my gear. Then all the gear models that you have purchased should be available for use.

Double-check that you have Authorised your AmpliTube software.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ricky Wayne Hunt » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:08 pm

Thanks for answering so quickly. I'd only had the trial version of Amplitube installed (I never had a license). When I install the free version I get the "trial has expired" message when trying to use the plugin. Am I doing something wrong?
Ricky Wayne Hunt

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:03 pm

This: "Apparently I had the Amplitube (regular?) plugin on my system before." misled me.

Anyway, with AmpliTube Custom Shop (AT CS) you get 24 pieces of gear to start with. You can use those models for ever. You can also try out any of the other gear models for 72 hours. After that period has elapsed, there is a period of 6 weeks before you can try that gear model again. Of course, you can buy it at any time.

So you are doing nothing wrong.

Check out the AmpliTube Custom Shop User Manual for full details.

Just to check_ you did Authorise AT CS using the Authorisation Manager and the AT CS Serial number, didn't you?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling