Amplitube crashes daw

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube crashes daw

Postby Ridlin » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:50 am

Pretty new to using amplitube so I'm still working some things out, but one thing has kind of stopped me in my tracks.

I've recorded a song with 4 or 5 guitar tracks and a bass track, all using amplitube as a plugin in Cubase, and now when I open the project I get a horrible noise through my speakers (or headphones). Most of the tracks are red lining loud from this noise that's kinda like dial up internet noises mixed with 8-bit explosion noises. It goes away after awhile, but when I try to edit something, sometimes something as small as clicking the monitor button, it just crashes. Let's me do some things, so I'm not really sure what the culprit is.

Could it be that I have too many instances of Amplitube, and Cubase can't handle the load? I also use Superior Drummer, and I know that's a drain as well. Is there a workaround for this anyone knows of?
Thanks
Ridlin

Re: Amplitube crashes daw

Postby garfy » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi Ridlin

It's possible that the number of instances could be causing this issue, but it would be tricky to pinpoint it. However, as I can't recall seeing anyone with this issue before, it would appear to be specific to your system.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution, you should raise a ticket with IK official support here https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling