AT4 plug-in in ableton suite 10 audio problems [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AT4 plug-in in ableton suite 10 audio problems [Resolved]

Postby whitehartlane1 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:33 pm

:|

hi guys,when i set up podfarm 2.5 line 6 ive got all my audio set up 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 in preferences ableton.i set it to 1 and 2 on auto.i can control it and not let it into the red.master level controlled well.when i shut down ableton suite and set up ik multimedia amplitube 4 to same settings the audio track is in red even when i pull slider to the bottom.tried everything.in amplitube 4 i turn master and input down but still the same.if i set track on 3 and 4 on auto it does not peak in red but its low in the green.any ideas as i dont know why this is happening.thank you guys.
whitehartlane1

Re: amplitube 4 plug in in ableton suite 10 audio problems

Postby dlgebert » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:22 pm

whitehartlane1 wrote:when i set up podfarm 2.5 line 6 ive got all my audio set up 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 in preferences ableton.

Since you are using POD Farm 2.5, I assume you have a Toneport UX1/UX2, or a POD Studio UX1/UX2, since POD Farm requires a "dongle" of some sort. Which hardware interface do you have?

Also, in order to have true "direct monitoring" in POD Farm 2.5, you need to run the standalone program that feeds your DAW. Can you verify if this is what you are doing?

If you have a Toneport UX1/UX2, or a POD Studio UX1/UX2 and are using the POD Farm 2.5 standalone program to feed Ableton, then the fully processed signal from the POD Farm 2.5 standalone program is controlling the overall volume feeding Ableton and if you are using distortion, the input signal is even more compressed and controlled.

If you have a Toneport UX1/UX2, or a POD Studio UX1/UX2 and are feeding Ableton directly without using the POD Farm 2.5 standalone program, then you are getting the raw, unprocessed signal from the Line 6 driver, found in the Control Panel in Windows or in System Preferences in MacOS and that input signal will stay the same on your Ableton input no matter what settings you use in Amplitube, since the plugin gets the input signal after that.

You could run the POD Farm 2.5 standalone program bypassing all effects and control the input signal input into Ableton that way.

I'm making a lot of assumptions based on a typical Line 6 "POD Farm" setup since you didn't mention what hardware interface you are using or if you use the POD Farm 2.5 standalone program or plugin.

I've been using an AXE I/O for about 6 months now, but I had both the Toneport UX1 (discontinued) and a POD Studio UX1 and used them with POD Farm 2 for many years.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby whitehartlane1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:29 pm

hi dave thanks.my concern is not podfarm its amplitube 4.i used podfarm as example.
my amplitube 4 when set up is hard to control in ableton.peaking in red when slider at the bottom.standalone is fine.cheers chris
whitehartlane1

Postby dlgebert » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:39 pm

On page 33 of the Amplitube Users Manual, it states:

Code: Select all
3.2 - The Input / Output bar
The Input/Output bar includes an input level control and a noise gate. These are the first components that the incoming signal passes through, before going to the Tuner and then the Stomps.

But that only controls the signal once it gets to the plugin from the controlling DAW. The plugin does not control every aspect of the signal chain like the standalone program does. It's up to your DAW to control the raw input stream coming from 1,2 and 3,4.

Even though you haven't mentioned what your hardware device is, I know Line 6 interfaces have the 1,2 and 3,4 configuration. Input from Line 6 drivers is controlled from the Windows Control Panel or the MacOS System Preferences and you choose whether you want 1,2 to be input from the guitar input, microphone, line input, etc.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby whitehartlane1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:49 pm

thanks dave sorted it.thanks for info.i use ux2 podstudio.thanks for replies and help.
whitehartlane1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:09 am

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling