newbie to irig trying to find best way to record guitar

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

newbie to irig trying to find best way to record guitar

Postby mrmulti » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:28 pm

I finally replaced my never working line 6 sonic pro with an irig pro i/o. I am intrigued by the many many sound effects for guitar available. I didn't expect the irig to work on a pc, but it claims to, so i tried it.

My first experience was through amplitube. I chose direct sound, and saw the options for buffer. I tried 64 and got static and scratchy drop outs, as i tried the others, it slowly became clearer, but the latency increased to the point where although the sound was crisp. there was a 1 second or more delay which made it unusable. What other ways - in simple terms, can I connect and use the irig for guitar and midi controller.

I saw many plug-ins go during install, can i use a vst plug-in to record guitar and maybe keys? Although the irig seems to work fine directly plugged into my iphone, how do i then get the output into my mixer to record a track? I know i can use the manuals to slowly teach myself how, but i want to know if maybe i should return this and get something better. any advice would be appreciated!
mrmulti

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling