Behringer FCB1010

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Behringer FCB1010

Postby stateofepicicity » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:06 pm

tdwimsatt wrote:I can see in Amplitube the midi light blink when I step on a pedal and a number appears in the upper box (e.g. 093, 094, etc) but the assign is not recognizing the triggers.

Hey there! Very exciting to get this combo working; I'll see if I can help a little, but you may need some outside help too:

The numbers showing up there mean Amplitube is receiving Program Change (PC) commands. If you're looking to control stomp boxes and switches, you'll want to assign those to Control Change) CC commands instead (for that matter, if you want to control knobs, volume pedals, or wahs, e.g., you'll also want to use CC commands, but sent from your two expression pedals instead). First ensure that you've programmed the pedal board to send those CC commands, then assign those CCs to the part you want to control in Amplitube. Definitely check out Uno forums for the programming of the pedal board, and keep in mind the software editors make it the easiest (https://www.fcb1010.uno/ from the inventor of the Uno chip and the free one: http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm). Both editors are great, but I prefer the first one. There are a few ways to do that second part, but one simple way is to right click on a function (a stompbox, a volume pedal, a knob on an amp, a slider on an EQ, etc.) and use the learn function; check out page 76, section 13.2 of the Amplitube user manual!

Definitely study as much as you can about the FCB1010 and the Uno chip if you're not that familiar with MIDI. If you take the take time with it, it's really rewarding! Best of luck on your MIDI journey!
stateofepicicity

Postby stateofepicicity » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:22 pm

deviant wrote:Spoiler: I temporally gave up and made little progress.

Considered selling it but didn't. Last time I checked, it was sending all sorts of values when using the pedals. It should have been smooth up and down from 0-127 but it was random in between so I put it away. Can't remember what the state of the stomps were.. The guides are all horrible. I got the FBC1010 PC Editor to load, though.. Not sure why it wasn't before but it still didn't solve anything.

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble. Did you ever write the inventor of the Uno chip or post in an Uno forum? I'm sure you could get past this!

For the pedal values, I'm thinking you'll need to calibrate the expression pedals. I'm not sure what to tell you about the guides, but I feel like the answers are out there if you just go to the right source for information. Go to those forums where current owners use the Uno, and I'm sure you'll find one who also uses Amplitube and can guide you through. Like I wrote, I haven't had mine for a while. It sounds like the IK forum user LtKojak, who posted earlier in this thread, still has one, and maybe they could help, but they may not be using the Uno. For the loading, I've found recently that the MIDI out on my interface acts weirdly, and I have to unplug / replug my MIDI cable a few times to get a solid connection. Maybe something like that was happening with you. It's a shame you're having trouble, but that pedal board with Uno chip really is very powerful, and if you can figure out how to get it working as you intend, you can control a ton with it, everything I can think of in Amplitube, and a ton in your DAW too. I think MIDI control is one of the most exciting parts of VST stuff. It sounds like you're done, and if you have a massive budget, you can try some other pedal boards that are also powerful, but the expense really, really goes up from there. Also, if you're letting your frustration get the best of you with this pedal, there's nothing to say you wouldn't spend a bunch more and still end up just frustrated. You have to decide how much study you want to put into this. Luckily, there are forums galore for all sorts of MIDI issues, and you should be going there, not to mention the manufacturer of this chip, and you might find that there was a small thing that was easy to overlook; that's often what I find with technical problems. Good luck, and, if you still have it in you, stay persistent!
stateofepicicity

Postby tdwimsatt » Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:55 pm

I got sidetracked with some other work and forgot about replying to this post!
@stateofepicicity got me up and rolling with his post in response to mine. I am very happy with my FCB1010. The app is very easy to use and I am able to change my midi settings at will. My UnO chip is version 1.0.4 and the lits for the app reference 1.0.3 but no differences that I could see. Maybe the latest version was a bug fix? <shrug>

Thank you very much! :D
Tom Wimsatt
Just2PlayGuitar.com
tdwimsatt

Behringer FCB1010

Postby Ramses2ii » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:12 am

Does anyone have EurekaPROM 3 in Behringer FCB1010?

I wonder how it works with AXE I/O and AmpliTube 5?

https://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom

There seems to be a "PP" mode for programming.

https://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/pp

and they claim it so support some IK Multimedia's products.

I have Behringer FCB1010 and I'm wondering if I should get that EurekaPROM or UnO chip to use it with AXE I/O and AmpliTube 5?
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Previous

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling