AXE I/O on Stage

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AXE I/O on Stage

Postby thomas.brunkard » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm thinking of using AXE I/O (or the new one) with Mainstage as a fly rig.

When I gig with my Line 6 Helix I use the XLR outs to run the front of sound and I use the jacks to run a monitor on stage for my guitar. On the Helix I can alter the volume for the jack outs on the fly without interfering with the FOH sound.

I'm wondering if the AMP out can be used as a summed output on the Mac. If that's the case then I can set up a patch in Mainstage and give one output to the main pair and set up the amp out for the monitor. I know that's now what it's intended for but if I can send a summed signal to that out I can control my volume independent of FOH.

Crucially, I can then get away with the new smaller unit and save some space for more socks on the plane!

Is this possible? Alternatively I could probably use the headphone out with an adaptor.
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling