Types of Guitar.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Types of Guitar.

Postby Gerry1943 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:22 pm

Does the type of guitar used matter when using AmpliTube & FX modeling.
By that I mean that if I use PRS Santana or a Strat guitar would I be able to get the same sound coming from the the AmpliTube Modeler or does different guitars types get different sounds?

Regards
Thank you in advance for any info.
Gerry
Gerry1943

Re: Types of Guitar.

Postby 650thunderbird » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:26 am

Hi there Gerry,

Different PUs do affect the final sound in Amplitube, in my experience. Just like they would on a real amp.

Can you get them to sound the same? There are many settings to fiddle with, you might get close, depending on how much you spend on Amplitube.

I have Max and there is stuff there that I will probably never get around to using.

All you can do is experiment with it.

My advice would be to install custom shop and see what you can do from there.
650thunderbird

Postby Gerry1943 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Thank you very much.
Greatly appreciated.
Being retired, I guess I will have all the time to experiment.....ha...ha.

Again thank's.

Gerry.
Gerry1943

Postby carlaz » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:40 pm

650thunderbird wrote:Different PUs do affect the final sound in Amplitube, in my experience. Just like they would on a real amp.

Yup. You can basically treat the models in AmpliTube like the "real" things. You can have physical stompboxes and stuff between your guitar and the computer audio-interface, and they will affect any virtual stompboxes and the amp model, etc. in AmpliTube as they would a "real" amp. You could turn off AmpliTub's cab modeling and run the signal back out to "real" cabinet, etc. (Not that I'm suggesting that would be very practical in many situations ... but you could do it.)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Gerry1943 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:13 pm

Thank you.

Gerry
Gerry1943

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling