Amplitube 4 vs Amplitube CS

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 vs Amplitube CS

Postby smokesletsgo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Are Amplitube 4 and Amplitube CS app completely different/separate applications? If I buy the in-app collections will they be available in both? I’ve come to prefer the sounds/models of the app on my iPhone to the sounds/models on my MacBook laptop. The bass is much tighter in Amplitube CS, and they model different amps. Wish they were the same or at least included everything in the app in Amplitube 4. Reason being the interface and size of screen on the laptop.
smokesletsgo

Re: Amplitube 4 vs Amplitube CS

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:47 pm

On PCs and Macs, AT4 and AT4 CS are the same program. The serial Number determines which gear models are provided. But you can always purchase more gear models or Collections of gear and load them.

I would think that the same applies for iOS apps. But I do not know about the difference in the ranges of available models.

But AT4 / AT$ CS on PC/Mac are separate from AT4 / AT4 CS on iOS; and gear models are NOT transferrable between iOS and the PC/Mac editions. You would need to buy them on iOS AND on your Mac.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube 4 vs Amplitube CS

Postby carlaz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:32 pm

There always seems to be a lot of confusion about how all the things that include "AmpliTube" in their names interact -- or don't. IMO, it is simplest to think of "AmpliTube" as a sort of platform, and really there are two, or I guess three, separate platforms: "AmpliTube Desktop", "AmpliTube iOS", and "AmpliTube UA".

"AmpliTube iOS" and "AmpliTube UA" are for mobile devices, iOS and Android respectively. I actually have "AmpliTube iOS", but I haven't used it much recently. I presume that, for practical reasons at least (there probably being no way to share models or presets between them), "AmpliTube iOS" and "AmpliTube UA" are effectively separate platforms -- from each other and from "AmpliTube Desktop".

"AmpliTube Desktop" runs as a standalone and in various plugin formats on both macOS and Windows. Here, presets are shareable across the OSes, and I believe you can share a single license across up to 3 (?) machines at a time running either OS. Regardless of how you bought your particular "AmpliTube Desktop" product(s), you have the same access to all your purchased models by running either the standalone or plugin version of the "platform". You can add more models to the "platform" by buying them from the Custom Shop and/or IKM web site.

Thus "AmpliTube 4" is "AmpliTube 4" regardless of whether you bought a bundle (e.g. Hendrix, Brian May, Fender, Orange, whatever), or you simply have the free version from downloading and installing the Custom Shop and accompanying standalone/plugins, or you bought one or more additional models via the Custom Shop, etc. Everything in "AmpliTube Desktop" (currently "AmpliTube 4", though I think older versions of AmpliTube theoretically live alongside it as separate software -- not that I think they work in my current version of macOS/Logic, though) lives together in that same platform.

But, nothing in the AmpliTube desktop "platform" has anything to do with the mobile AmpliTube "platforms". If, for example, you have a Mac, and an iPad, and an Android device, and you want to use a version of AmpliTube on all of them, you essentially buy 3 separate products. If you then want to buy a given gear model that is available across all those products, you are essentially buying 3 separate models of the "same" piece of gear.

But, returning to "AmpliTube Desktop", the combo of standalone+plugins effectively is the "platform", and everything else is just gear models, either packaged up for sale in bundles or sold separately. So regardless of whether you just download the free version or you have bought (for example) "AmpliTube Brian May" (or whatever bundle), that basically provides the "platform" software plus whatever gear models. You can then add more gear models to your "platform" as and when.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling