Blue Screen of Death Issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Blue Screen of Death Issue

Postby zulujos » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:33 pm

I'm sure this isn't an Amplitube issue but here goes:
First the basics. I'm running AT4 on a Microsoft Surface Pro using a Line 6 Toneport interface. Have had no problem with this setup until I updated the AT4 software. Since then I get the blue screen of death after about 30 minutes. It reads the following:
SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED
What Failed: L6TPortA64.sys

So this is an issue with the Line6 Toneport? I have read something about this problem being an issue with competing audio drivers but that's above my pay grade. And as I said, this is a recent development. Any thoughts?
zulujos

Re: Blue Screen of Death Issue

Postby dlgebert » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:29 am

zulujos wrote:I'm running AT4 on a Microsoft Surface Pro using a Line 6 Toneport interface.

So this is an issue with the Line6 Toneport?

I had both the TonePort UX1 and the POD Studio UX1. Just to double-check, do you have the legacy TonePort, or Line 6's current replacement for it, the POD Studio UX?

The driver error is definitely the TonePort driver, do you have the most recent driver installed? I assume you are using the AT4 standalone program, since you didn't mention using it with a DAW.

Can you try skipping AT4 for the 1/2 hour and see if you get a blue screen? Do you have PodFarm 2.59 installed? If so, does that crash after 1/2 hour without AT4 running?

AT4 definitely gets its data feed from the Line 6 driver, so it's possible there is a conflict of some sort, but considering that the TonePort is no longer in production and the POD Studio UX is also getting "long in the tooth", it's hard to say how older hardware will get along with newer hardware and software.

I would try some testing without using the AT4 program and see if the blue screen happens. If it does, I would check in with Line 6.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby zulujos » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 am

I'm using the UX1. I will look into updating the driver (if that's even possible at this stage). I have been considering whether I should stop being a cheapskate and invest in a new interface. The UX1 is rather chickenshit.
zulujos

Postby dlgebert » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:17 pm

zulujos wrote:I have been considering whether I should stop being a cheapskate and invest in a new interface.

I moved from a POD Studio UX1 to IKM's AXE I/O and I've been thanking myself ever since... :D It costs a little more, but I believe you'll love it. Below is a link to it and a link to a thead that has my posts on it as well.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22893

Dave
dlgebert

Postby zulujos » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:06 am

No doubt, digebert, the Axe I/O is a quality product, but it is more than a few bucks extra than I am wanting to invest. I am also requiring something compact.
zulujos

Postby dlgebert » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:16 pm

zulujos wrote:but it is more than a few bucks extra than I am wanting to invest. I am also requiring something compact.

AXE I/O Solo is coming out soon, it's smaller and $100.00 cheaper. And if you have Jam Points you can use them as well to decrease the price even more.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeiosolo/

Dave
dlgebert

Postby zulujos » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:09 pm

Well, after having loaded the latest Line 6 driver I was able to run AT4 for an hour and 35 minutes before Mr. Blue Screen paid another visit. Ugh!
zulujos

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling