Insert racks and gear credit questions

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Insert racks and gear credit questions

Postby david34000 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:42 am

Hi.
What is the benefit of using the Insert racks instead or as well as the last effect racks?

Also am I missing the point with Gear credits? They are more expensive with tax than buying gear without them.

Thanks
david34000

Re: Insert racks and gear credit questions

Postby dlgebert » Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:38 pm

david34000 wrote:What is the benefit of using the Insert racks instead or as well as the last effect racks?

The big difference is where the effect is being inserted into the signal path and what you are trying to accomplish with the effect. When using "insert", the effect is generally monophonic and is almost like a stomp pedal. Also, it allows you to do some interesting things, like putting the effect before the amplifier, for example. It also makes it possible to use a piece of gear that you may have purchased in the Custom Shop in two places, instead of having to buy a stomp version and a rack version, like in older versions of Amplitube.

The rack versions are generally stereophonic and are kind of the "last stop" before hitting the master out to the mixing console, to use a physical metaphor.

david34000 wrote:Also am I missing the point with Gear credits? They are more expensive with tax than buying gear without them.

The cool thing about gear credits is the more you buy, the cheaper they are, but at the lower purchases, they are one dollar equals one credit. At the higher gear credit purchases, they get closer to about 50 cents per credit. They also allow you to use jam points to buy them, which always equals that a credit will be less than one dollar.

Because I usually pre-order IKM's new products and they usually offer a great discount for pre-ordering, I don't use gear credits that often since pre-order stuff doesn't usually qualify for purchase using gear credits.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dlgebert

Re: Insert racks and gear credit questions

Postby david34000 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:27 pm

Thats brilliant. Thanks for the info.
david34000

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling