The pitch shifting rack unit

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

The pitch shifting rack unit

Postby deviant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:00 am

I use this to change tuning but I noticed that leaving it just switched on with nothing set can improve my sound sometimes. Thickening it. But what is that essentially doing? Is it like a delay?
deviant

Re: The pitch shifting rack unit

Postby dlgebert » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:44 am

deviant wrote:I use this to change tuning but I noticed that leaving it just switched on with nothing set can improve my sound sometimes. Thickening it. But what is that essentially doing? Is it like a delay?

When you refer to having it turned on, but not set, I assume you mean that you don't have it detuned or pitch shifted in any way?

If so, if you have the original signal and the effect unit blended together (summed) without any change in pitch, that would cause a doubling effect and provide a thicker tone, since there would be a slight delay with the original signal being processed and summed together with the unprocessed signal.

Try slightly detuning to start getting a chorus like effect... :)

Dave
dlgebert

Re: The pitch shifting rack unit

Postby deviant » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:46 am

This is what I meant, yes. And I was wondering if chorus worked like that. Cool, thanks.
deviant

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling