amplitube for android with omec teleport

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

amplitube for android with omec teleport

Postby qwerty7 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:08 pm

Hello, I am trying to connect a guitar to an android phone with an Orange Omec teleport but it doesn't detect that the guitar is pluged in. My otg cable works well with other devices. My phone is a BQ aquaris E5s with android 7.1.2. The Omec Teleport also works well connected to a pc. I contacted support in IK multimedia but told me to contact Orange. I contacted Orange and they told me to contact IK multimedia. Anybody can help me?
qwerty7

Re: amplitube for android with omec teleport

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:29 pm

I'm sorry but the Omec is made by Orange so they would indeed be the ones to contact if your interface isn't working. You may want to try with other audio applications to see if it is indeed only an issue with AmpliTube. If that's the case, then let the IK Support team know.

Orange also has an FAQ section here that gives steps to use it with Android devices, so I'd also make sure you're using these exact steps:

https://orangeamps.com/omec-teleport/#toggle-id-9
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby qwerty7 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:20 pm

Yes, the fist thing i did was reading the FAQ in Orange web site and didn't tell me anything new. Also searched in the internet, youtube, etc, but i didn't find anything that could help me. I don't think the omec teleport is defective because it works perfectly conected to my pc. So I guess it must be something related to software. In that case it's not so clear who should give the support. That's why I contacted both. I tried some other apps for android. Some of them didn't detect the guitar either but they were bad quality apps that didn't work for many people. One of them did conect with the guitar. That app shows the level of imput it was receiving from my guitar, but doesn't work well (the app doesn't make any sound, not only the sound coming from my guitar but also other sounds it is supposed to make). So, that makes me think the omec teleport is working. I'm not sure if it's something i have to set up or it's just that some devices are not compatible. No idea...
qwerty7

Postby rcmacf74 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi,

Was there a solution found to this? I am having the same problem.
rcmacf74

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:54 pm

rcmacf74 wrote:Hi,

Was there a solution found to this? I am having the same problem.

If you are having issues with AmpliTube please seek support from IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and if you are having issues with your OMEC Teleport please seek support from Orange. I'm sure either will be able to help you with your issue with their respective products.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling