AmpliTube custom shop not working

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube custom shop not working

Postby FMALBY650 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:59 pm

I am running my guitar into the Scarlett solo 3rd gen and headphones into that too, direct monitor is turned on. I can hear my guitar as a clean sound perfectly fine. I have the input and output set to focusrite usb, however when I try and use anything on amplitube the sound doesn’t not change at all, it stays clean, when I hit record On amplitube no guitar is being picked up by the software. Tuner doesn’t even pick up guitar. Have no clue what is wrong With my set up.
FMALBY650

Re: AmpliTube custom shop not working

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Hello FMALBY650 and welcome to the forums.

Ok, a couple of tweaks should have you sorted:

1) Turn direct monitor to OFF. This will mean that you will monitor via software eg AmpliTube.
2) In AmpliTube, go to Settings>Audio/MIDI setup and make sure that Left Channel is set to Input 2, as this is the Instrument input of the Solo 3rd Gen.

Now you should be able to see your signal hitting AT4 and hear the output from the amp sims.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: AmpliTube custom shop not working

Postby FMALBY650 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:58 pm

garfy wrote:Hello FMALBY650 and welcome to the forums.

Ok, a couple of tweaks should have you sorted:

1) Turn direct monitor to OFF. This will mean that you will monitor via software eg AmpliTube.
2) In AmpliTube, go to Settings>Audio/MIDI setup and make sure that Left Channel is set to Input 2, as this is the Instrument input of the Solo 3rd Gen.

Now you should be able to see your signal hitting AT4 and hear the output from the amp sims.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Thank you so much, fixed it and working perfectly, had no clue it was that simple. Again thank you.
FMALBY650

Re: AmpliTube custom shop not working [Resolved]

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:03 pm

No problems, glad you've got it all sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling