Amplitube Max Gear

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Max Gear

Postby MixaelLee13 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:27 am

Hello! I just purchased the iRig Pro and got the AmpliTube Max for free (AWESOME promotion, by the way!..THANK YOU!) My question is,I thought that everything is included with the Max software, yet there is some gear (ex. The Dimebag Darrell equip), that looks like I have to purchase it in the Custom Shop.

Did I miss something? I downloaded ALL resources from the My Products page, not sure what I'm doing wrong..

Thanks for your help!
MixaelLee13

Re: Amplitube Max Gear

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Hello MixaelLee13 and welcome to the forum.

AmpliTube 4 MAX includes a fixed collection of gear. I think it may include all gear models that were available when it was initially created. But newer gear models (such as Dimebag and Brian May) are not included.

All the included gear is listed here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/atmax/?pkey=amplitube-max
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/atmax/index.php?p=gear

You mentioned that you "thought that everything is included with the Max software." Do you have any links to web pages or articles that say that, so that IK Multimedia can investigate?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MixaelLee13 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi DarkStar,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Yes, where I got this info was on this page here:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear

I went down that list BEFORE I got the software last Saturday (12/28/2019). On that list it says this:

“ Other Included Gear
As a standalone software and DAW plug-in, AmpliTube MAX comes with the gear listed above plus all the other gear you see below. If you currently own a previous version of AmpliTube or individual gear models, you can use the Custom Shop feature to restore all of your gear.”

So which is true?

Thanks!
MixaelLee13

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:50 pm

As far as I can see:

The "Gear listed above" refers to the "5 new classic amplifier models that represent some of the best British tones from the 70s, 80s and 90s plus an “Acoustic Sim” model pedal, a double mic setup and UltraTuner,"

And "plus all the other gear you see below" refers to the gear models displayed when the "AmpliTube MAX Bundle" is selected in the drop-down list. You should have all of those. I can see that there could be some confusion as it is possible to select other products from that list. Some (I think) are bundled into AT4 MAX but others (e.g. Dimebag) aren't.

I would contact IK Multimedia Sales Support and explain that the text on that web page led you to understand that all of the gear on the drop-down lists (including Dimebag) was part of the MAX bundle. They may be able to do something for you.

But, no promises. I am not employed by IK Multimedia.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MixaelLee13 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Thanks DarkStar, I appreciate the help. That will be my next stop then, have a great rest of your day and Happy New Year!

Michael
MixaelLee13

Postby DONNART » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:06 pm

Hello,

We have just acquired Axe I/O with Amplitube Max.
The Brian May collection appears well in the list, but is not accessible,
however in the AmpliTube MAX - Ver. 4.9.0 - Release Notes
Changes from version 4.8.2:
New official Brian May Collection gear models:
BM 30 (Amplifier)
BM DK (Amplifier)
BM 30 Blue (Cabinet)
BM 30 H70 (Cabinet)
BM DK (Cabinet)
Star Gate (Stomp FX)
Red Special (Stomp FX)
Treble Booster (Stomp FX)
May Wah (Stomp FX)
FOX Phaser (Stomp FX)
General reliability improvements
Compatible with macOS Catalina

Strange isn't it?

Philippe
DONNART

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Hello DONNART and welcome to the forum.

The "Release Notes - Changes from version 4.8.2" indicate, among other things, what new gear models are supported by that version of the AmpliTube software (in all of the standard, Deluxe, MAX or Custom Shop products), not that they are necessarily included in the product. If you look at the Release Notes for "AmpliTube Custom Shop" you will see the same.

As suggested above, please contact Sales Support explaining how the web pages and release notes were confusing to you.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DONNART » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:15 pm

Thank you DARKSTAR for this quick and clear response.
I guess we will have to buy the Brian May Collection ... but for now we will wait for the return of the Axis I / O which was broken as soon as it came out of its packaging.
DONNART

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:17 pm

DONNART wrote:Thank you DARKSTAR for this quick and clear response.
I guess we will have to buy the Brian May Collection ... but for now we will wait for the return of the Axis I / O which was broken as soon as it came out of its packaging.

Make sure you troubleshoot your issue with AXE I/O via IK Support as they can diagnose whether a faulty unit or something they can fix with you directly. They can also work on warranty swap or similar for any faulty units. They're available via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DONNART » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Thank you Peter_IK, at Christmas I bought the Axe I/O for my son at Sud Musique in Arles. Eric takes care of everything, the warranty works for this problem. No light on front, guitar plugged in no signal in Amplitube
DONNART

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling