iRig iStomp WIN10 help "initialize device driver"

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

iRig iStomp WIN10 help "initialize device driver"

Postby SlashieMusic » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:57 am

Hello all, thanks for taking the time to view this question.

I got this thing for Christmas and I'm having a bear of a time even getting it to work. I'm not a computer programmer or anything like that, but I'm not computer ILLITERATE either. I can usually figure out what's what.

Long story short, I plug the thing into my usb port, fine, all lights up etc... As far as I can tell, everything works, switches, lights, etc. When I open Amplitube 4, though, it says, "Could not initialize device driver. Make sure the input output settings match etc..." Problem? This window POPS UP like EVERY 3 SECONDS for infinity! I click ok and it goes away, I click cancel and it goes away, but it KEEPS POPPING UP. This is frustrating the heck outta me because I can't even GET INTO the program to BEGIN to change the settings.

So I yank the plug from the usb. The popups stop. I can go into the settings in Amplitube 4. There's only 1 option, Windows direct something or another, (it's slipped my mind at the moment. I'm tired here, ok?)

Like I said, ive been fighting this for about an hour, and I'm about to call it a night. And like I said, I'm not computer illiterate, but I seriously cannot figure out even where to even start with this thing.

I've searched the forums and found some talk about ASIO or something? Don't know what that is, but if I need it, why isn't it part of the stuff I downloaded when I downloaded all the iRIG STOMP stuff? I'm just really... overwhelmed, I think. I'm unable to get it to work and it's making me grouchy. :D

Anyway, thanks for any advice, help, pointers or just "Hey, here's a link to the exact same thing already solved that you missed!" that you can give me. I appreciate it, and thank you in advance.

Good evening.
SlashieMusic

Re: iRig iStomp WIN10 help "initialize device driver"

Postby SlashieMusic » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:22 am

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1076

Good Lord I totally missed it. Man what an absolute headache, and it I was paying attention I could have avoided it all.

Go figure...

Cheers!
SlashieMusic

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling