Amp Sound When Playback but not During Recording [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amp Sound When Playback but not During Recording [Resolved]

Postby 19axeman66 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:10 am

Hello,
When I record a guitar track with the AmpliTube 4 vst plugin,all I hear is a clean guitar just as if I was plugged straight into my computer. When I listen to the playback of the recording, that is when I hear the amp and effects that I chose.Is it not possible to hear the selected amp and effects while recording a track?
19axeman66

Re: Amp Sound When Playback but not During Recording

Postby garfy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:02 am

Hello 19axemann66 and welcome to the forum.

19axeman66 wrote:Is it not possible to hear the selected amp and effects while recording a track?

Yes, it's perfectly possible to do this. You need to make sure that 1) you are not monitoring your direct input via your interface 2) you are monitoring your recording channel in your DAW post effects.

What audio interface and DAW are you using? Someone will be able to give you more specific instructions if we know that.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby 19axeman66 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Hello,
Thank you for your reply.I am using the Roland Quad Capture for my audio interface and the Sonar Artist for my DAW.If someone could give me a step by step set up in order to hear my selected amp and effects while recording would be greatly appreciated.I am new to the recording at home thing so am learning as I go and it is a slow go,lol.
19axeman66

Postby garfy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:51 am

Ok, so I haven't used either of these products but going from the user manuals, to hear AT4 with a live input it looks like you need to:

1) On the Roland, make sure that the Mix control is set fully anti-clockwise to Playback. This means you are monitoring through software only.
2) In Sonar, make sure that your audio track's Input is set to Input 1 (I'm guessing this is the channel on the Roland where you have plugged in your guitar).
3) Insert AT4 on the track as an effect and click on the Input Echo button (next to the Record Arm button).

You should (hopefully) now be hearing your guitar post-effects.

Let us know if this works out for you.
garfy

Postby 19axeman66 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:46 am

You rock man! Thank you so much for taking the time to figure that out for me as it would of took me forever as most of this recording stuff goes right over my head. Frickin baby steps for sure. Again,I can't thank you enough and truth be told,as far as my set up goes,the AT4 sounds way better in the DAW rather than stand alone so I am really happy about that as well.
19axeman66

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:27 am

Great stuff, glad to hear it's all working for you now.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling