Looper Tutorial

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Looper Tutorial

Postby auciker » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:39 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to use the Looper section in Amplitube, and it's turning out to be quite awkward. I've been digging around, and I see no tutorials or even basic instructions on how to use this tool.

1. The looper does not give me a count down, it instantly starts recording, which means the beginning of my loops have a second or two of me fumbling with my instrument.

2. There's no way to trim the end of the loop recording, which means the last second of each loop is me reaching for the mouse to click Stop.

3. I recorded and exported a couple of measures to loop. When I imported that file into the looper, the looper gave an extra blank measure at the end. Now my loop is 2 measures of music and 1 measure of silence.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
auciker

Re: Looper Tutorial

Postby auciker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:26 pm

Little help please?
auciker

Postby nick_englishman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:32 pm

Looking at the same problem ...
- cant anything but the first loop count its way in?
nick_englishman

Postby auciker » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:27 pm

Everything I posted in my OP and the deafening silence are reasons I am discontinuing my usage of Amplitube and all affiliated software. There's plenty of software on the market that won't leave a paying customer twisting in the wind. Thanks for the great documentation and support Amplitube. :roll:
auciker

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:25 pm

This is primarily a user to user forum. I would think that no-one has replied as they have no positive advice to give.

If you wish you could contact Support, via here for some one to one guidance..
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby auciker » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:24 am

Thanks for the head's up. This forum post was simply the last straw for me. A last ditch effort to try to get some help learning the Looper tool. I've contacted Amplitube support in the past and the "help" I received wasn't useful. Just a useless canned reply from someone who didn't know what they were talking about. Probably a new employee, but still a bad experience for this customer.

I'm honestly still in shock and surprise that there aren't any video tutorials. A simple 2-5 minute video would have been all I needed.
auciker

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:28 pm

I am not sure that a tutorial video would have covered the particular points in your original post.

Maybe someone who has used AT5's Looper extensively can chip in with some advice for you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby sonic_vision » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:41 pm

I'm just seeing this now but as of 2021 there are some AT5 Looper videos online, that helped me, at this YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0S-hC ... aKA/videos

A footswitch is really needed to avoid the fumbling part at beginning OP mentions. AT5 does have a count-in but of only 1 bar. I wish it was longer or had option to adjust how many bars.

How did OP import loop into looper? I only see export option.
sonic_vision

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling