Amplitube + Backing Track Question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube + Backing Track Question

Postby the_juiceman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi all -

Previous ask for help posted in my thread located here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22899

In short, I was originally following the IK workaround in the FAQ that allows you to play music / backing tracks using VB Cable and ASIO4ALL and routing out through my computer speakers. I would get to a point where I would get tons of crackling / static after playing for a while - restarting Amplitube resolved this. Then, I switched the output to the AXE I/O itself and plugged my computer speakers into the headphone jack - this resolved the eventual crackling and static.

My question: Although the static is now gone, I get random interruptions every few minutes while playing - it sounds like somebody is hitting a kill switch / turning the volume completely off. This occurs for 1-2 seconds, and then sound comes back. It's completely random and isn't associated with a given tone or source of music on my computer. Can any of you shed some light on workarounds?

I'm pretty convinced it's not lack of computing power - I'm running a Core i5-4670 @ 3.40 ghz on a 64 bit OS with 32GB of RAM on Windows 7 Professional.

Many thanks!
the_juiceman

Re: Amplitube + Backing Track Question

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:13 pm

It sounds like you may want to check in with support for assistance here. Once you open a ticket at the link below, send me your ticket number.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

In the meantime, check out the FAQ on optimizing your Windows system for audio.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1277
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Re: Amplitube + Backing Track Question

Postby the_juiceman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:49 pm

Just PM'd you - thanks, Ryan.
the_juiceman

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling