Need help with AmpliTube 4 and midi [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Need help with AmpliTube 4 and midi [Resolved]

Postby richvarick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:37 pm

Hey all

I’m new to the forum , so I apologize if this has already been addressed.
Over Black Friday I picked up AmpliTube 4 standard. I was out a couple days ago and found a used Behringer fcb 1010. I picked it up as I read it was a great midi controller.

So here is my issue..
All I want to be able to do is turn stompboxes off and on and to be able to use the exp pedals for wahs . I’m kind of a bonehead when it comes to midi programming.
I’ve looked up videos on YouTube and all I see is videos of people useing older versions of AT with some additional software called x gear or other scenarios that don’t really work for what I’m trying to do.

I’m using a windows 10 pc and I believe the Behringer board is all stock (no modifications)
Can any one walk me through this or point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
R.
richvarick

Re: Need help with AmpliTube 4 and midi

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:23 pm

In AmpliTube stand alone, use the Audio MIDI Setup under the Settings drop down to select your MIDI controller as a MIDI input. From here you can use MIDI CC (Control Change) messages to control parameters in AmpliTube or MIDI PC (Program Change) messages to switch presets.

To assign a MIDI CC message to a parameter in AmpliTube stand-alone, right click the parameter you wish to learn and select the option "MIDI Learn". From here you will see a MIDI learn dialogue box which you can move your MIDI knob/fader/button to complete.

In a DAW the concept is the same, but MIDI must be routed to AmpliTube after enabling your MIDI controller for use.

Check out this FAQ for some extra help: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1238
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby richvarick » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:45 am

Thank you for the help , I found a you tube video that was similar to my problems with the midi controller. But I’m up and running now.
richvarick

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:33 pm

Can you post the YouTube link? It may help others.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Need help with AmpliTube 4 and midi [Resolved]

Postby richvarick » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:15 pm

richvarick

Re: Need help with AmpliTube 4 and midi [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:05 pm

Thank you.

As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling