Amplitube no longer working

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube no longer working

Postby Dannes » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 pm

I updated my Mac because it crashed and they wiped the Harddisk clean (it didn't recognise the HD anymore) and put on a new OS (you guessed it, Catalina). Now Amplitube isn't working anymore. I use it to record my guitar parts in Logic Pro X for my new album and now i can't: 1.: record with Amplitube anymore and b.:do anything with previous recordings anymore. So i'm kinda with my hands in my hair right now..... :?
I'd sure like some sort of indication of how long this might take. Are you guys working on a fix or should i look for other options elsewhere? I seriously rather know. It's already been a while and for what it's worth, id love to do continue with Amplitube (it's the best) but i also do HAVE to continue with something. So any answer other than the "hey here is a page that says absolutely nothing about Amplitube" would be great. Thanx.

And sorry if this sounds a bit harsh or entitled. I'm just desperate.
Dannes

Re: Amplitube no longer working

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:23 pm

IK is still working on Catalina functionality for software and hardware that is not already updated for Catalina. There is no official statement on the timeframe but the developers are working on this. The Catalina statement at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=macoscatalina will be updated when any news is available. Unfortunately, like many other companies, IK is still recommending that Catalina be avoided for the time being.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Dannes » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Thank you for your reply. They already updated my Macbook to Catalina Unfortunately. And i doubt people are going to check the IK multimedia website before they update their OS.

I understand work needs to be done. And i have no idea how much work it is. I just hoped people at IK multimedia would have an idea of what timeframe to expect.
I hope i can use the software as soon as possible again.
Dannes

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 am

We are among at least 30+ audio companies that have been urging users not to update, though. For those that rely on their computers for audio tasks, they should have received many emails about this.

However, you were basically forced to update so I understand that. Unfortunately in that case, if you didn't have a clone of your previous setup you'll need to wait for the update. We will post any information as we have it.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Just a thought - can you discuss the problem with the people who installed Catalina and see if they can install an earlier OSX version?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:34 am

Any updates will be added to the central Catalina news item and FAQ as mentioned before. Please refer to the Catalina thread here and those news and FAQ items for any Catalina information.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 pm

Note for those who search and find this thread (instead of the main Catalina thread): We do have an AmpliTube update in progress and expect to have more news to share in the near future.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling