an issue with amplitube stuttering when more than 4 t

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

an issue with amplitube stuttering when more than 4 t

Postby mekenwin » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Just in case this helps anyone... I was having a problem with Amplitube 4 (stand alone) where it would stutter and freeze when trying to use more than 4 tracks (either recording or playing back). I solved the problem by limiting Amplitube.exe to just two cpu's by setting the affinity in task manager. I couldn't find a solution with Google searches but remembered that a version of Sim City I have had a similar problem with a similar fix. I tried limiting the number of procs and that seems to have solved the problem.
mekenwin

Re: an issue with amplitube stuttering when more than 4 t

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am

[MOD NOTE] - I've moved this into the AmpliTube forum as was more appropriate.

However, this type of fix is not one that would be recommended by IKM and so, any user following mekenwin's idea would be doing so at their own risk.

As always, if you are having issues with AmpliTube opening a ticket with official IK support is the best thing to do. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: an issue with amplitube stuttering when more than 4 t

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:49 pm

This is a copy of this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22405&p=95859&hilit=+an+issue+with+amplitube+stuttering+when#p95859

@garfy - please post there as this definitely isn't something officially recommended (and likely fixed via more traditional methods and via official IK Support if anybody is experiencing stuttering, etc).

Locking this thread, this is a common lead-in to spam posts (links being added later, upping post count to post spam links, etc).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling