Custom Shop Trial Amp not showing up

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom Shop Trial Amp not showing up

Postby toggle57 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:59 am

Hi,

Im running windows 10 on the basic amplitube running as a stand alone application.

I went into the online shop and tried a trial of an amplifier.

Where is this amplifier supposed to show up?

I dont see it in my list of available amps in the stand alone application or as a VST in my DAW.

I though perhaps it would only be available online through the web site... I can see the trial amp listed but have found no way to demo it.

The clock is ticking on the trial. [mod redaction: unnecessary]
toggle57

Re: Custom Shop Trial Amp not showing up

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:40 am

In the Custom Shop, login and in the AmpliTube section, click [Gear], then "Restore my gear". Also keep the Custom Shop program window open when trying out the new gear.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:53 pm

Note you also need to be connected to the internet while you are trying the gear (as well as leaving the Custom Shop application itself open in the background).

Please make sure you are following all of the steps and all of the information in the FAQ located at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=798
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby toggle57 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:06 pm

Tried all of the suggested solutions offered but no joy.

Custom Shop up and open.
Restore gear pressed
Active Internet connection.

Scroll through the amplifiers and nothing has changed.

Anything else?
toggle57

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Of course make sure you have the latest version of AmpliTube installed from your IK User Area. If that is already the case or doesn't help you'll need to contact IK Support. They should be able to reset your trial period if you run out without being able to demo gear.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby toggle57 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:50 pm

Thanks for the quick response Peter... will probably have to do that.

I just downloaded Amplitube from the IK web site so I presume its the latest (4.9).

I also reinstalled it just in case something did not go right, but that has made no difference.

I have an open ticket for getting ASIO working but found asio4all on the web and fixed my latency issue.

Other issues I have are:

1. There are no presets in preset browser... not sure if this is right.
2. Realized I should have downloaded the deluxe version but now I have no idea how to upgrade to it.
3. There is no user manual - I guess this is all supposed to be obvious, and i'm just an idiot.
4. Just figured out what the Match option on the Amp screen does... I get it, but find it a weird UI choice, and wonder how necessary it is.
5. Its frustrating that I can't be sure what all the supplied amps are supposed to be... I get that there are copyright/brand issues and this is all done with a nudge and wink - but would still like to know what I am dealing with. Would love it if there was some unofficial yet correct source to find out what these are.
6. I assume that the master volumes that are greyed out on the american amps because the underlying amps are single volume models... from a UI perspective I wished they had just not put the graphic on the display.

Apologies for the brain dump... please comment if i've not already lost you :)
toggle57

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:06 am

toggle57 wrote:Thanks for the quick response Peter... will probably have to do that.

I just downloaded Amplitube from the IK web site so I presume its the latest (4.9).

I also reinstalled it just in case something did not go right, but that has made no difference.

I have an open ticket for getting ASIO working but found asio4all on the web and fixed my latency issue.

OK, good so it seems you have the latest, that's a good start :)

Other issues I have are:

1. There are no presets in preset browser... not sure if this is right.

This may sometimes have to do with OneDrive when Windows 10 tries to get users to put their Documents folder there instead of locally. Support would have more information on this and can fix if this is not it.

2. Realized I should have downloaded the deluxe version but now I have no idea how to upgrade to it.

The version you have is unlocked by the serial you use to register and authorize via Authorization Manager. You should be able to find the correct serial in your IK User Area for what you have and put that into Authorization Manager and do the "Restore My Gear" to be sure and voila you'll be all set.

3. There is no user manual - I guess this is all supposed to be obvious, and i'm just an idiot.

The manual is available in your IK User Area as well as being installed with the product. For the specifics/details including location you can consult this FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=812

4. Just figured out what the Match option on the Amp screen does... I get it, but find it a weird UI choice, and wonder how necessary it is.

When people change from the default, they may not have the knowledge to suss out what the matching amp/cab combination is so it should hopefully make it easier for some.

5. Its frustrating that I can't be sure what all the supplied amps are supposed to be... I get that there are copyright/brand issues and this is all done with a nudge and wink - but would still like to know what I am dealing with. Would love it if there was some unofficial yet correct source to find out what these are.

Yes, there are issues where we cannot legally name some directly. However, you'll find that on the gear list we do sometimes specify. I'll post that link in response to #6 (but wait, there's more! :) )

6. I assume that the master volumes that are greyed out on the american amps because the underlying amps are single volume models... from a UI perspective I wished they had just not put the graphic on the display.

Yes, the amps they model don't have the greyed-out control. These are from previous versions of AmpliTube that had a different architecture so that is a bit of a remnant, we don't currently do it that way in the newer versions that came after.

Apologies for the brain dump... please comment if i've not already lost you :)

No problem! Hope my answers helped at least a little bit.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:13 am

I just heard back on the OneDrive issue. I had this happen on my Surface in the past but I had messed around and figured it out on my own so I didn't have the steps.

If you using Microsoft One Drive backup on Windows 10, try this below:

1. Turn off the One Drive and un-sync and IK Multimedia related files
  2. Go to your Documents > IK Multimedia > AmpliTube 4 folder
  3. Copy any custom presets you have made to another location to back them up
  4. Delete the AmpliTube 4 folder from the Documents > AmpliTube 4 folder
  5. Download the latest AmpliTube update from your the User Area -> My Products section (https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/) of your IK Multimedia account
  6. Uninstall, then reinstall AmpliTube to let it recreate your AmpliTube 4 folders
  7. Now retry your presets and let us know your results
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby toggle57 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:42 am

Thanks very much Peter,

I did manage to find the manual in the supplemental documents of my download thanks.

On my point 2... i'm not sure I was clear. What I meant to say is that I accidentally purchased the low end version of Amplitube 4 but I really wanted the next level up... Amplitube Deluxe.

I don't see any upgrade path to go to that level... most software that has multiple purchase levels provides for people that want to upgrade... like paying the difference in price between them... that is what I would like to do.

Thanks for all your help... Cheers.
toggle57

Postby DarkStar » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:30 am

If you go to your IK User Area you will see a Crossgrades/Upgrades section. That will show you what you are eligible for.

But it looks like the price for AT4 Deluxe is the same. You might like to contact Sales Support
with all the details. They can look at your User Account and may be able to do something.

Absolutely no promises though, as I do not work for, nor speak for, IK Multimedia.

Or ... you could consider AT4 MAX. :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby toggle57 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks DarkStar... request sent to the sales team.
toggle57

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling