Where is the song section on Mac?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Where is the song section on Mac?

Postby Jimc91 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:12 pm

OK, Im a NEWB...

Just purchased the irig 2 HD and plan to use it with my MacBook Pro, iPad mini, and my iPhone 7 plus. My question is about the Mac. I launch Amplitube 4 on the Mac and want to add a song as backup to practice lead guitar licks along with. When I go to add audio and go to my music (iTunes) I get the ever spinning wheel... I opened iTunes but the list never populates the table. What am I doing wrong? The manual says go to the "Song Section" but I don't see anything with that label. All I find is import audio. There must be something I am missing, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. Jimc91
Jimc91

Re: Where is the song section on Mac?

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:51 pm

The AmpliTube 4 Mac/PC allows drag and drop for your files. Add them to the DAW section of AmpliTube. Once added, the bottom of the DAW page will have the Speed and Pitch controls you are looking for.

Note: The DAW Section can be entered/exited with the symbol in the lower left hand corner of AmpliTube 4 stand alone.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Jimc91 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:01 pm

OK thanks Ryan... I think I am beginning to figure it out, Apple will not let me use any of the music I have downloaded from "Apple Music". I can only use the tracks I have purchased in the iTunes Store. I guess I could also rip a CD to WAV files and save them to a different directory on my Mac and use those... Thanks Ryan. Jim.
Jimc91

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:11 pm

Right, you are not able to import files with DRM such as those from Apple Music or similar subscription services (even if they allow you to download songs, they still have DRM since you're only licensed to listen to them while subscribed to the service).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling