Use keyboard as Midi controler for control changes?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Use keyboard as Midi controler for control changes?

Postby jean-marc.haazen@telenet. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi there! (first post :-))

I was wondering if it's possible i can use my computer keyboard as a midi controller for a control change like turning stompboxes on and off?

The thing is i'm using the vst plugin version in Ableton i can't seem them to communicate to eachother. When i press the learn button in Amplitube and then i press a key on the keyboard, it doesn't recieve any midi information, while i have midi mapping turned on in Ableton.

I think i must be doing something terribly wrong here ... :-)

THX!
jean-marc.haazen@telenet.

Re: Use keyboard as Midi controler for control changes?

Postby HoltDan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:51 pm

Ah, Oct. 22, 2019 - there was no pandemic then.

I’ve been trying to control a volume pedal in AmpliTube 4 as a VST inside Cubase 10.5 and can’t get it to work either. It works fine running AmpliTube stand-alone - as does turning pedals off and on, doing program changes, etc.

Cubase sees the controller input but it doesn’t seem to get to AmpliTube. My guess is AmpliTube doesn’t support VST to that extent but maybe somebody else has knowledge?

I just got a Line 6 FBV Mkii Express so I could start/stop recording in Cubase using the foot switches while using the expression pedal to control AmpliTube - therefore never having to take my hands off the guitar. That would be so cool.

I can control Cubase record/anything with the Line6 so that much works at least.
HoltDan

Postby stateofepicicity » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:49 am

You should totally be able to get any MIDI controller to send CC messages to Amplitube. You'd want to make sure that you're actually sending CCs and not Note messages though first. You can always use a MIDI translator program if your controller won't natively send a CC. For the communication part, try shooting a message to IK tech support; they might be able to get that running for you. If they can't get the communication going, try the forums or tech support for the DAW itself; there's got to be a way. Best of luck!
stateofepicicity

Postby HoltDan » Fri May 22, 2020 3:51 am

I found this video and saw what I was doing wrong - in Cubase.

Maybe helpful to others: https://youtu.be/kOR9ILsy-pg
HoltDan

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling