Massive latency and/or breakup after installing... [SOLVED]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Massive latency and/or breakup after installing... [SOLVED]

Postby jthoni » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:38 am

May laptop died and I replaced it. I installed Amplitube 4 stand alone, but didn't get around to installing my other software. It as been working great for a couple months (using Focusrite interface). This weekend I installed and configured Studio One. The VST plugin is working, but now when I use the stand alone app, the audio is:

For buffer:
256 -> total break up
512 -> some latency and some break up
1024 -> massive latency

I am not sure why this changed. I am using Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode) with my Focusrite as the Input and Output.

I can't remember what I had set here before, but it was working perfectly. Now the stand alone is useless.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
jthoni

Re: Massive latency and/or breakup after installing Studio O

Postby jthoni » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:41 am

Fixed!

So Studio One was not all I installed. I also installed my POD X3 Live. It installed an ASIO driver. I found this: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10981&start=90

The part that has you remove other ASIO drivers from the registry did the trick.

I am a Software Engineer, so I was not worried about editing the registry. It worked. Now when I select ASIO in Amplitube it is all good.
jthoni

Re: Massive latency and/or breakup after installing... [SOLV

Postby Ryan_IK » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:12 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling