64-Bit Applications Continuation Thread

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

64-Bit Applications Continuation Thread

Postby dlgebert » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:37 pm

jtango18 wrote:I can confirm that if you've got existing 64bit applications already installed, they will continue running fine after the Catalina release (I'm running standalone Amplitube right now).

I can confirm that the 64-bit plugins (ST4, Syntronik, Amplitube, MODO Bass and Drums, T-Racks 5, etc) are working ok on Catalina as well.

The following 32-bit applications that I use are obviously not working, but I don't need them at the moment:

Authorization Manager: [1.0.26]
AmpliTube Custom Shop: [4.9.0]
T-RackS Custom Shop: [5.2.1]

My AXE I/O, which uses class compliant drivers works fine and the CTRL Panel/Firmware application that came with it as well.

I upgraded knowing the risks, but I hope IKM re-compiles those 32-bit applications as 64-bit at some point... ;)

I realize that there's probably a little more to it than just a re-compile...

Dave
dlgebert

Re: 64-Bit Applications Continuation Thread

Postby dlgebert » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Mods,

Can we keep this thread open in the spirit of this mainly being a user to user site and some users are just looking for discussion on this topic?

Sincerely, asking as a customer who has gladly spent literally thousands of dollars on IKM's great products...

Thanks- Dave
dlgebert

Re: 64-Bit Applications Continuation Thread

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:51 pm

IK's official statement on Catalina is here and also contains a link to the FAQ which will be updated with any new information: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=macoscatalina
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling