AmpliTube max not saving presets that i edit

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube max not saving presets that i edit

Postby sterlingsublett@gmail.com » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:12 am

i am brand new to this software and am currently using it as a stand alone software and i dont have it hooked up to a daw yet. I found a preset i like and started putting pedals and making modifications to get the sound I want , then I hit Save as to the right of the preset column and I tell it which folder to go to and after I click ok, the newly named preset i named is nowhere to be seen in the folder i told it to go to??

also on a seprate note, when i hit "preset Brower" , the whole box is blnak and none of the drop downs show any offerings at all?

Help please. Thanks
sterlingsublett@gmail.com

Re: AmpliTube max not saving presets that i edit

Postby The_Rocker » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:41 am

sterlingsublett@gmail.com wrote:i am brand new to this software and am currently using it as a stand alone software and i dont have it hooked up to a daw yet. I found a preset i like and started putting pedals and making modifications to get the sound I want , then I hit Save as to the right of the preset column and I tell it which folder to go to and after I click ok, the newly named preset i named is nowhere to be seen in the folder i told it to go to??

also on a seprate note, when i hit "preset Brower" , the whole box is blnak and none of the drop downs show any offerings at all?

Help please. Thanks

HI, This could be from several reasons, but let's start with a few things
Which OS and is it up to date. ? (Mac should not update to latest Catalina)

Also, what is the install path of Amp Max ?

And, is Amp Max up to date with the latest version from your user account ?
IKM- ST2/3/4 -AT3/4/5 -TR3/4/5-MP2-(almost everything actually)
Presonus Interfaces/Studio One 5 Pro - Self built Win10 PC 10th Gen Intel i7-64GB Ram-GTX1660 6GB-Fractal Case
.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`Merry Christmas !!!`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.`.
The_Rocker

Re: AmpliTube max not saving presets that i edit

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:22 pm

If on Windows, sometimes the Documents location can be an issue (especially since Microsoft likes to get people to host their Documents directly on OneDrive for a while now) or similar.

Best bet, though, would be to report this to the professionals who take care of such issues - the IK Support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support - if you have not already done so. They will surely be able to troubleshoot directly and resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling