AmpliTube 4 - new setup question

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 4 - new setup question

Postby ry1633 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:26 am

Hi all,

I'm a new AmpliTube4 user and I'm anxious to jump in! I'm using the Tascam 2X2 interface on a Windows 10/64 bit computer. I set up AmpliTube to use the ASIO drivers on my interface but when I plug in my guitar all I get is screeching and uncontrollable feedback with very little actual guitar signal. What am I doing wrong?

thanks much -ryan
ry1633

Re: AmpliTube 4 - new setup question

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:30 am

Hi ry1633 and welcome to the forums.

Is this a laptop you're using? That almost sounds like the ASIO into AT4 is using an on-board mic as input rather than your guitar channel.

Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've used Windows so am probably not qualified to give many more suggestions. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in shortly.

However, I would suggest that you open a ticket with official IK Support who can give you some one-to-one help. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ry1633 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Yeah I am using it on my laptop - Dell Inspiron 1565 I think. AMD 2.9GHZ chip with 32GB of RAM I believe. In AmpliTube when I change to the ASIO settings it sees my Tascam interface but the option becomes grayed out.

I opened a ticket with IK three days ago, but haven't heard back yet.
ry1633

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:10 pm

ry1633 wrote:Yeah I am using it on my laptop - Dell Inspiron 1565 I think. AMD 2.9GHZ chip with 32GB of RAM I believe. In AmpliTube when I change to the ASIO settings it sees my Tascam interface but the option becomes grayed out.

I opened a ticket with IK three days ago, but haven't heard back yet.

Please see these guidelines on posting when you have an open official support ticket: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ry1633 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:22 pm

As I mentioned I opened a support ticket with IK *three* days ago - so this is now outside the window of their response time and I have not heard a reply from them.
ry1633

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:26 pm

ry1633 wrote:As I mentioned I opened a support ticket with IK *three* days ago - so this is now outside the window of their response time and I have not heard a reply from them.

Please read the link, there are guidelines there that I don't see followed here. Also, the support estimates are estimates. Sometimes volume is high and you might get a reply that is beyond a few business days. They will definitely take care of you, and again please read those guidelines and follow the advice there - it's there to help us (mods/admins of this forum) help you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ry1633 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:29 pm

OK then - how do I follow-up officially on a support ticket? I have looked all over the website for a mechanism for follow-up but there is none that I can see. Am I expected to just wait and hope for a reply?
ry1633

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:31 pm

You can reply to the ticket confirmation email. You can also follow the guidelines at the link I posted and get some assistance from the mods/admins here.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling