Back after a long time, no idea what software is what!

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Back after a long time, no idea what software is what!

Postby john256 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:39 pm

I bought Amplitube 3 quite some years back but haven't used it for ages. I found it's still on my Mac though it warned me it wasn't fully compatible these days.

But looking at my account, I own a huge list of software. Some is iPad stuff but there are loads of Mac/Win things which all seem like I remember them being addons/downloads for Amplitube rather than separate products (Fender stuff, etc).

Amplitube 3 itself isn't prompting me to upgrade or giving me any upgrade options... it was never updated? Not even bug fixes?

It wasn't cheap IIRC so I'd love to know how to get everything back up and running - maybe start from scratch on my Mac - and if I am entitled to any newer versions of anything.

Has anything changed much or is it just refinements? I was thinking, I was running on an old MacBook and an iPad 2 so the amount of CPU power I have in comparison now is crazy!

PS: Did amplitube always belong to IK? I have an iRig but I never realised it was from the same company!
john256

Re: Back after a long time, no idea what software is what!

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:43 am

Hi john256 and welcome back.

If you look in your User Area, the last version of the Amplitube 3 app was updated on the 25th August 2015, to version 3.15.0.c. This would have been the last free update you would have been entitled to as an AT3 user. After that, AT4 was released and runs as a brand new app rather than an 'over-the-top' upgrade.

So, in theory, you can download and install this last 3.15.0.c version onto your new machine, authorise it and any add-on packs (such as the Fender pack) you have using the Authorisation Manager app that will also be installed and you're good to go.

Some of the other software you may be seeing in your User Area, such as SampleTank CS, are the free Custom Shop versions of the full software, to allow you to trial before you buy or run as cutdown versions.

However, moderators on the board do not have access to your User Accounts so I would suggest that you open a ticket with official IK Support if you need more clarification on what you have access to https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

And yes, AFAIK, AmpliTube has always been an IKM product.
Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby john256 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:05 am

Thanks for that.

And I was slightly incorrect; the applications aren't incompatible with my MacOS version they simply weren't optimised. Seem to run fine.

I'll do as you suggest and raise a ticket if I'm still confused which things I should/shouldn't have!

is AT3 out of support, etc, now? No point reporting bugs if I see any and so on?
john256

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:11 am

john256 wrote:And I was slightly incorrect; the applications aren't incompatible with my MacOS version they simply weren't optimised. Seem to run fine.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Latest MacOS (I think High Sierra and Mojave) throw up this warning because, as of Catalina due soon, 32-bit apps will not work on the new OS.

john256 wrote:is AT3 out of support, etc, now? No point reporting bugs if I see any and so on?

Afraid so, although I seem to remember that by the latest release it was relatively bug free. YMMV ;)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby john256 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:48 am

Does that mean AT3 will no longer function on Catalina at all? Or will some workaround be expected?

I assume AT4 is totally compatible on the upcoming OS (or will be)?
john256

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:06 pm

I do not expect that AT3 will be updated again. But you can download and install the "AmpliTube Custom Shop" product. It's free and in you User Area. This installs:
-- the AmpliTube 4 (AT4) standalone program and plug-in(s) (depending on your choice),
-- the standalone Custom Shop program,
-- the standalone Authorization Manager program.

Please note that AT4 is 64-bit only, but the other 2 programs are 32-bit only. I would think that IK Multimedia is working on them.

The Serial Number for AT4 is also in your User Area. Enter that into the Authorization Manager to authorize AT4. Next, run the Custom Shop program, login, go to the AmpliTube section and select [Gear] and "Restore my gear".

Then, in AmpliTube you will have full access to the included selection of AT4 gear AND to all of your AT3 gear. :) And you can try out any of the other gear models.

-------------------
As for Catalina, tread carefully. From IK Multimedia's Newsletter:

Apple recently announced plans to release macOS 10.15 Catalina. This update to their operating system brings features, fixes, and updates, but will also affect your use of IK and other audio software that you rely on.

We urge all IK users not to install macOS 10.15. Our team is currently working on full compatibility for our products.

IK’s engineers are working hard to bring you updates compatible with the upcoming operating system. Unfortunately, 32-bit only applications will not be supported with the update. We recommend our users not upgrade to macOS Catalina
until further notice.

We will let you know when we have updates that will function fully and when you can make music without issues on macOS 10.15 Catalina. Until then, hang tight and stay creative with all of your critical music production software and hardware running smoothly.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling