Amplitube Vst stops responding [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Vst stops responding [Resolved]

Postby ivarkoster » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:45 pm

My Amplitube VST stop responding when i switch to a another amp.

When i'm in my DAW (Reaper) and open Amplitube on my track i will hear the sound just fine. I can record, playback, and everything works. But, when i try to switch to the MESA/BOOGIE amp, there is no longer any output. I can see in my DAW meter there is input, inSIDE the VST interface i can see the input meter lighting up, but alas... no input. When i switch back to the starting amp (which was producing output from the start) I no longer have any output. I'll have to restart the DAW for things to work again.

I have the same when I switch to my Dimebag Darrell collection. But when i switch to e.g. the ENGL powerball amp it keeps working.

The standalone Amplitube has no problems.

I run Windows 10 64bit with 16 GB RAM and a intel core i7-7700HQ which is a decently powerful system. I use the iRig stomp I/O as audio interface.

I have submitted a support ticket, but I haven't heard anything back. Does anyone has a clue what is going on, and/or how to fix this?
ivarkoster

Re: Amplitube Vst stops responding

Postby dlgebert » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:01 pm

ivarkoster wrote:Does anyone has a clue what is going on, and/or how to fix this?

Back in the day, this happened to me everytime I changed to a different amp when I was on a PC using Cakewalk Sonar. It would crash the Sonar audio engine, but I could click a button to start the engine again. It never happened to me using Reaper on my iMac.

I've been using Studio One 4 on my iMac for the last two years and it's never happened on that DAW.

In Cakewalk Sonar I could get it to stop happening after I increased the "Drop Out Protection" value. I don't recall if Reaper has that functionality, but I'm sure they have something like that.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby ivarkoster » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:28 am

Thanks for the hint. Not sure were to look for in reaper but i will search to see i can find something. It almost looks that the heavier on the CPU amps will crash the output. Though... the amplitube interface indicates it rarely passes the 5% CPU power.

Still no answer from the "official support", not even a "we are looking into it". Which I find a little disappointing. But... first world problems i guess ;)
ivarkoster

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:41 pm

IK Support will typically answer within a few business days. If you opened your ticket right before the weekend, please note that the weekend does not count as business days. I'm sure they'll get back to you shortly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ivarkoster » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:23 am

I've solved the issue.

By checking the "request sample size "and "request block size" in the audio settings menu of Reaper, Ii now no longer experience any drops of the output.
ivarkoster

Postby garfy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:19 am

Excellent news ivarkoster - glad you've got it sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling