AmpliTube Free for Custom Shop "not authorised" [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube Free for Custom Shop "not authorised" [Resolved]

Postby kennydk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:18 am

Hi,

I've installed the copy of AmpliTube from this "Free Download" link https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitubecs/ - my expectation based on what's written there is that I should be able to install this, open up Custom Shop, try / buy specific amps / cabs / effects etc. My understanding is that you do not need to pay for AmpliTube itself, just the specific bits in Custom Shop that you buy.

However, when I open up the AmpliTube 4 app (that was installed from the above installer), it now says "This copy of AmpliTube is not authorised" and plays a white noise hiss every few seconds to remind me. This is despite the Custom Shop app also being open. It appears the software wants me to get a full AmpliTube 4 license before can try / buy anything in Custom Shop.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
kennydk

Re: AmpliTube Free for Custom Shop "not authorised"

Postby garfy » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:55 am

Hello kennydk and welcome to the forum.

Although AT4CS is a free app, you still need to authorise it to work without the white noise reminder. When you installed, you will also have installed the Authorisation Manager.

1) Look in your User Area in your IK account and you should see a serial number next to AmpliTube Custom Shop.
2) Open up the Authorisation Manager and copy/paste this serial number into it. This should now mean that the free version should run without restriction.
3) You will only need to have the Custom Shop app open when you wish to trial gear.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby kennydk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:00 am

Many thanks for the help - this really is not obvious at all from the website and download pages. But glad I've got it working now! Thanks!
kennydk

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:10 am

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling