[RESOLVED] AmpliTube Brian May CPU Problems

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

[RESOLVED] AmpliTube Brian May CPU Problems

Postby wagtunes » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:19 am

Peter, I'm hoping you or somebody can help me with this. I've gone through the whole forum but I can't find anybody else with this problem.

I never complain about CPU issues. I have, what would be considered, a reasonably powerful computer. I7, 3770, 16 GIG RAM and an SSD drive.

I have a project with 4 tracks. That's all. 4.

Trying to play my two rhythm guitar parts with a Brian May preset on each one, my CPU meter is getting pinned and it's crackling all over. I literally can't even record the parts MIDI. I've had to piano roll the thing by hand and then freeze the track just to hear what it sounds like.

Obviously, something is wrong somewhere.

Right now, the only workaround I can think of is to record the parts dry and then add the plugins after the fact while blindly setting levels hoping I get them right. Because once I freeze the track the only thing I can change is the volume.

Please help. This is close to an unworkable situation for me.
wagtunes

Re: AmpliTube Brian May CPU Problems

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:40 pm

I'm not seeing similar reports as you point out (nor experiencing it myself) so I'd suggest you also open up a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot directly with you (if you haven't done so already). Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wagtunes » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I'm not seeing similar reports as you point out (nor experiencing it myself) so I'd suggest you also open up a ticket with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot directly with you (if you haven't done so already). Thanks!

Thanks Peter. Did some more troubleshooting and while ABM is a bit CPU heavy, the real culprit was another plugin. I still have to be careful with instances of ABM, especially with certain presets that use a lot of stomps, but it wasn't the main problem.

Naturally, something that sounds as good as ABM is going to require resources.
wagtunes

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Glad to hear it is resolved. And thank you for those kind words about AmpliTube Brian May.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling