Amplitube 4 with Pro Tools 10

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 with Pro Tools 10

Postby dbmetal1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:00 am

Hi. I hope someone can help with this issue. My old PC crashed. I was running Win7 64bit with PT10 and another amp software plugin for years. I built a new PC and now am on Win10 64bit with Amplitube4 MAX.

I realized that PT10 is only 32 bit, and therefore is not recognizing the Amplitube4 plugin because it is 64bit.

Is there a way that I can get Amplitube 3 (since it is 32 bit) for free and have that work in PT10?

The other option would be to upgrade to the newest PT, which is a hefty price tag considering all I spent to get where I am now.

I was also looking into Reaper. I know that is 64bit. What do you all think is my best option? Thank you very much for any help you can provide. -Dave
dbmetal1

Re: Amplitube 4 with Pro Tools 10

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 am

You could only get AT3 by looking for someone who will transfer it to you, at a suitable price.

Reaper is very different from Pro Tools, but you can try it for free for 60 days. You might as well give it a go - simple installation / removal, helpful forum (cough!), loads of features, loads of flexibility, user-developed FX / themes / menus /scripts. And the 64-bit edition will load 32-bit plug-ins too, and vice versa (just select the option during installation).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dbmetal1 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:56 am

Thank you. I did try the trial 64bit last night and Amplitube4 loaded right up. I know people say Reaper can be hard to get used to but I guess I will learn. It is better than spending $600 on the latest pro tools. I am doing home recording anyway.
dbmetal1

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am

The best way to learn is: do not try to learn it all!

Make sure that you:

Take something that you do in PT. Then work out how to do the same in Reaper.IF you find something you cannot do then just ask on the Reaper "newbieland" forum:
https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling