Please help a confused old man...

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Please help a confused old man...

Postby caineiscarter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi folks

Some years ago I had Amplitube installed on a Mac and iPad. After a long layoff I've returned to electric guitar, and today I set about trying to re-install all the gear I bought.

I've reinstalled Amplitube CS on my iPhone (I no longer have an iPad) without any problems, and was able to restore my amp purchases.

But I am puzzled about Amplitube for my new MacBook. When I logged into IK, I found two versions available for download - 3 and 4. Unsure of which one to get, I downloaded both, and I am pretty sure it was v3 that I used to have. But on neither version am I able to restore my previous purchases, and this is where it gets a bit hazy...

I remember clearly buying an 8-track recording studio (modelled on a reel-to-reel) as an add-on, but can't find it anywhere. My memory may not be serving me well, and I am not certain whether this was an add-on for the Mac or the iPad I used to have. I thought it was for the Mac...

I've raised a ticket, but if anyone can shed any light I'd be very grateful.

Thanks a lot
caineiscarter

Re: Please help a confused old man...

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello caineiscarter and welcome to the forum. (looks like a Newcastle / Tyneside reference)

As you've raised a Support Ticket that's the best way to go. They can look at your Account and see what's going on. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.

Some general points:
-- everyone gets a free "AmpliTube Custom Shop" in their User Account; that is the free edition of AmpliTube 4, with 24 gear models.
-- if (like yourself) the user has been around for a while, he/she gets a free "AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop" in their User Account; that is the free edition of AmpliTube 3, with 24 (?) gear models.
-- if you have purchased a version of AmpliTube, that will also be listed separately.
-- Authorization of the plug-ins is done using the separate Authorization Manager program (probably installed when you install AmpliTube).
-- Making your previously-purchased gear models available is done using the separate Custom Shop program (probably installed when you install AmpliTube); login in to your Account, select the AmpliTube tab, click the [Gear] menu button and select "Restore my gear".
-- Note that gear purchased on the iPad/iPhone is completely separate from that purchased on your Mac.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Please help a confused old man...

Postby caineiscarter » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. Well spotted on the Newcastle reference :)

I’ve been through the processes you describe. I wonder if I’m confusing what I bought for the iPad with what I may or may not have bought for the Mac.

Does an 8-track for the Mac/PC ring a bell with anyone?
caineiscarter

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling