Help getting settings right for Amplitube 4 on PC

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Help getting settings right for Amplitube 4 on PC

Postby blnelson05 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm

So I have a Microsoft Surface Studio 2:

Windows 10 PRO
Audio: Dual microphones, Stereo 2.1 speakers with Dolby® Audio™ Premium
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ

Running an iRig HD straight into USB. Downloaded ASIO4ALL as my audio driver and can get input signal. The output is the problem now it seems.

The settings show "no connection" on either out channel and there are no options in either channel dropdown if I select them, just says "no connection". The really weird part is if I close down AmpliTube no sound works adequately on my computer. I have to go into the audio settings on Control Panel and pretty much entirely reset my audio settings.

Does anyone have an idea as to what I can do to get some sound out of my system?
blnelson05

Re: Help getting settings right for Amplitube 4 on PC

Postby ShoeHash » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:33 am

Why would you use ASIO4All when they have their own ASIO driver now? At least my Axe I/O does, would assume the same is true with an iRig. Select that one.
Next, go to your sound properties and make sure your soundcard is setup to your audio interface as a INPUT (for your microphone), and make sure Output matches the output of that interface. If you have some proprietary Dolby stuff taking over, get rid of it. Make sure to also untick any "Sound Enhancement" things going on with your sound driver. Also make sure your quality is set to 44.1 for both the stereo and your interface. If you want a higher number, at least make sure they match.
Finally, if iRig has a control panel, make sure it isn't muted.

Pretty sure IK's ASIO driver should fix this, but if it don't take those steps. If that still doesn't work, disable both microphones.

I don't own an iRig so I cannot tell you what works, however, that's what solved my own sound issue with my Axe I/O, so it couldn't hurt to try these steps.
ShoeHash

Postby blnelson05 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:59 am

So I tried to do these steps and did get sound although the latency was not good. The lower I took the buffer rate, the more cracked the sound became and anything under 1024 is not playable.

Progress at least! just hopefully I can get the latency down. Thanks!
blnelson05

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:18 pm

iRig HD / HD 2 use ASIO4ALL. You should have low latency clear audio performance if you use the settings/steps on this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling