Can I use Amplitube Brian May without owning Amplitube 4?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can I use Amplitube Brian May without owning Amplitube 4?

Postby kenanontap » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Hi there,

I know this is probably a dumb question but here goes - I would like to buy Amplitube Brian May and use the plug in in Logic Pro X. I tried downloading Custom shop, which included a trial version of Amplitube 4. Only the amplitube 4 trial shows up in my DAW, and asks me for a serial number. So, if I buy the Brian may version using Custom shop outside of my DAW(since custom shop only opens outside), will that give me a serial number that will activate amplitube Brian May inside my DAW?
I'm sorry if these are dumb questions, but I don't want to buy anything and then find out I did it wrong, or it doesn't work without the full version of Ampitube 4 or something.
kenanontap

Re: Can I use Amplitube Brian May without owning Amplitube 4

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:53 pm

AmpliTube Brian May, like other Collections is a set og gear models that run inside the AmpliTube 4 plug-in, They are not plug-ins themselves.

But ... the AmpliTube Brian May gear models will load an run inside the free "AmpliTube Custom Shop" product (ATCS). That would be the way to go.

if needed, download the ATCS installer (it will be in your IKM user Area / My Products section) and run it. It installs:
-- the AmpliTube 4 standalone program and plug-ins(s),
-- the Custom Shop standalone program (which will enable you to try out other gear models too),
-- the IK Authorization Manager.
The Custom Shop and Authorization Manager versions may not be the latest. If so, I think you will be prompted to update them. or you can download / install the latest versions individually.

Run the Authorization Manager and enter the ATCS Serial Number (also found in My Products) - that is the one you are being asked for. That unlocks AT4 and the free gear models. Now Register your AmpliTube Brian May serial number, to unlock those gear models.

Run the Custom Shop, log in, go to the AmpliTube tab and select [Gear] >> "Restore my gear". That should make the gear available in AT4. Load the plug-in in Logic and off you go.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling