Does Amplitube for iOS have to be purchased separately.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Does Amplitube for iOS have to be purchased separately.

Postby Sparky DeLong » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:08 am

Hello. I own a full copy of Amplitube 4 that I've been using on my Mac. In order to get a version for my iPad, do I need to separately purchase the iOS version? If so, are any of the sounds or bundles I have with my Mac version usable in the iOS version, or do I have to purchase those separately also?

Thanks.
Sparky DeLong

Re: Does Amplitube for iOS have to be purchased separately.

Postby DarkStar » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:57 am

Hello and welcome to the forum..
Yes, you will need to buy a separate licence. They are different products.

Also:
FAQ ID: 1185 wrote:Will my app purchase and/or in-app purchases transfer between iOS, Android, and Mac/Windows versions?

It is not possible to transfer an app purchase or any in-app purchases between various versions of our apps on different platforms such as iOS (iPhone/iPad), Android (phones/tablets), or Mac/Windows computers.

For example, a purchase of the AmpliTube app for iPhone will not open access to the AmpliTube app in the Google Play Store or on your Mac/Windows computer.

Another example, a purchase of in-app content in the iGrand Piano app for Android will not transfer over to iGrand Piano for iPhone/iPad.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=11&topic=amplitube-4

PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers' etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/account/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Sparky DeLong » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Darkstar. I thought it was a little odd that my email address ended up as the forum name. I have changed it now - thanks for the heads up!
Sparky DeLong

Postby snyde044 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:19 pm

Can in app purchases be transferred between devices? For example, I've been using Amplitube on an iPad for several years, and am now looking at using the new amplitube 5 app on my windows PC as a standalone for practicing and as a plugin for recording. I have purchased a couple of content packs on the iOS app. Will i be able to use those same amps and equipment in the desktop version that i already bought for iOS? If not thats extremely disappointing. Actually it doesn't accomplish anything except make using your software more inconvenient for your customers (or deter them like me) because all I have to do is use the iPad as an outboard piece of gear instead of being able to run the app directly on my PC

Would the content packs cross hardware if I purchased them on a PC and switched to a Mac or vice versa? Not allowing iOS doesn't seem too logical, as mentioned you're only making using your products more inconvenient.
snyde044

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:39 pm

You can only share gear among your iOS devices, the iOS and Mac/PC versions are separate products sold on different stores. Please see this FAQ for more information and to answer your question fully: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1344
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby snyde044 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:41 pm

thats a real shame. You guys should look at changing that policy
snyde044

Postby 4vientos » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:05 am

Apple and ios have some stringent product rules, and quite a number of chips
and releases to be supported. I doubt it's a cash cow for IK at $25 or less..
Just a guess.
4vientos

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling