BRIT 9000

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

BRIT 9000

Postby felipecouto75 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:42 pm

Will be nice if someone at IK could me explain more about this amp.

Since there is a lot of variations in JCM 900 series, i wonder what are the specs of BRIT 9000, the power tubes (EL34 or not) and if the sensivity gain is diode cliping or an extra tube preamp.

Also if this setting at zero makes this amp sound more or less like a plexi, a JCM 800 or metal face, or it was a complete different design.
felipecouto75

Re: BRIT 9000

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:50 pm

Thanks for your post.

The information below should help, let me know if you need any other related information and I can see what I find. This is from the AmpliTube Custom Shop Gear Modules manual included with your AmpliTube 4 download.

The model should used the factory parts, this would not be a modified unit.

The new Brit 9000 is based upon the early 90s introduction of the “evolution” of the JCM800, the JCM900.

This dual channel, dual reverb head was designed for versatility with channel 1 voiced from clean to low level lead gain when cranked, and channel 2 voiced with enough gain to provide fearsome lead tones at low gain to screaming solo tones at high gain.

Controls:
• PRESENCE: boosts high frequencies from 0 to 10.
• BASS: boosts and cuts the bass frequencies of the amp’s EQ stage from 0 to 10.
• MIDDLE: boosts and cuts the mid frequencies of the amp’s EQ stage from 0 to 10.
• TREBLE: boosts and cuts the high frequencies of the amp’s EQ stage from 0 to 10.
• MASTER VOLUME: adjusts the final output level of the power amp stage from 0 to 10.
• GAIN SENSITIVITY: boosts the input gain of the main preamp stage from 0 to 10.
• PRE AMP VOLUME: adjusts the input gain of the main preamp stage from 0 to 10.
• POWER LEVEL: switches between High and Low power level.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby carlaz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:47 am

As far as I can tell (though I'm no expert on the JCM 900), the Brit 9000 is presumably based on a High Gain Dual Reverb 100w head (cf. "This dual channel, dual reverb head ..."), i.e. model #4100, produced from 1990 to 1999.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby machinated » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:54 pm

sorry for the necrobump here.

The Brit 9000 model has one channel and preamp gain and sensitivity so I believe, despite what the manual suggests, that this emulation is a JCM900 mkiii and not a 4100 dual reverb (which has 2 channels and one preamp gain control per channel).

the model seems to need an excessively loud input signal to match the real amp, but I find that to be the case with some amplitube models.

Can we please get better and more accurate information in the manuals? and can we PLEASE have some more information on how to set input levels for accurate levels of gain?

The Brit 9000 sounds great when I have my instrument input just about clipping, and then boosting in the plugin by 15dB (maxed). This still provides slightly less gain than the real amp - hence more information would be very much appreciated to work out what’s going on.
machinated

Postby carlaz » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:54 am

machinated wrote:The Brit 9000 model has one channel and preamp gain and sensitivity so I believe, despite what the manual suggests, that this emulation is a JCM900 mkiii and not a 4100 dual reverb (which has 2 channels and one preamp gain control per channel).

Well spotted! Though ... IKM has been known to model just one channel of a multichannel amp (e.g., the model of the Orange RockerVerb 50 MkI is only a model of the real amp's "Dirty" channel). Could IKM have modeled only the "crunch" channel (Channel B?) of a 4100 Dual Reverb?

While I'm certainly not a circuitry expert, the wiring diagrams I see online suggest the wiring for the 4100 Dual Reverb and the 2500 Master Volume versions of the JCM 900 were different (and with each going through various revisions), but I certainly couldn't begin to say how one could tell them apart by sound.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby machinated » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:48 am

carlaz wrote:
machinated wrote:The Brit 9000 model has one channel and preamp gain and sensitivity so I believe, despite what the manual suggests, that this emulation is a JCM900 mkiii and not a 4100 dual reverb (which has 2 channels and one preamp gain control per channel).

Well spotted! Though ... IKM has been known to model just one channel of a multichannel amp (e.g., the model of the Orange RockerVerb 50 MkI is only a model of the real amp's "Dirty" channel). Could IKM have modeled only the "crunch" channel (Channel B?) of a 4100 Dual Reverb?

While I'm certainly not a circuitry expert, the wiring diagrams I see online suggest the wiring for the 4100 Dual Reverb and the 2500 Master Volume versions of the JCM 900 were different (and with each going through various revisions), but I certainly couldn't begin to say how one could tell them apart by sound.

I mean…. it’s possible, but they also added the sensitivity control which the mkiii has and the 4100 doesn’t. If there was a single gain control I’d assume it’s channel B of a 4100 but having gain and sensitivity (and the way it behaves) suggests mkiii (and not sl-x either).
machinated

Postby carlaz » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:15 pm

machinated wrote:they also added the sensitivity control which the mkiii has and the 4100 doesn’t. If there was a single gain control I’d assume it’s channel B of a 4100 but having gain and sensitivity (and the way it behaves) suggests mkiii (and not sl-x either).

Oh, OK, the sensitivity control is a good catch! Yeah, I'd say that strongly suggests that you are right, and this is more likely a MKIII than a Dual Reverb. At this point, if I had to guess, I'd say that the engineering team modeled a MKIII, but then the tech-writing team cribbed from a description of the Dual Reverb for the purposes of the manual.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling