huge Latency problems

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

huge Latency problems

Postby leonardofsilva » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Dear friends,

I recently bought an iRig HD2 + Amplitube 4 and I am having HUGE problems with latency. what is happening to me can be seen on this video on minute 1:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWriZXr2XRA

I am on a Mac HighSierra 10.13.6

I've tried everything I could find on Internet and still no luck whatsoever ... On iPad I don't get the Latency but there is a very bad Buzz already on clean amps and on Distorted amps it is VERY high buzz.

What is wrong?

Any light??

thank you very much!
leonardofsilva

Re: huge Latency problems

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:56 pm

This is not the typical experience. You should be able to get very low latency performance with iRig HD 2. I would suggest working directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can troubleshoot and assist you directly.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby leonardofsilva » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am

let's see .. Contacted them some days ago but no answer yet. Doesn't look good.

hopefully someone has some idea here. the guy on the video I posted shows that using ASIO4all solves the problem, but that is unfortunately something only for windows .. not for mac. So I amn left without any solution yet.

Let's see ...
leonardofsilva

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:54 pm

You shouldn't have latency issues on Mac as iRig HD 2 is a class-compliant audio interface. I'm sure IK Support can help. They usually reply within 1-2 business days so if you opened your ticket over the weekend the offices would have been closed.

If it has been longer, please feel free to PM or post your ticket number and I'll have someone take a look. Thanks.

Also, you are correct that ASIO4ALL would not be a solution for Mac. It is for Windows and works well there for iRig HD 2 but MacOS does not require such a tool/driver for class-compliant audio interfaces like iRig HD 2.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby leonardofsilva » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:21 pm

thank you very much.

The latency problem was actually stupid. I was trying to open Amplitube without the guitar pluged in just to check it, and thus the internal mic was set as input. now it is solved.

What keeps me crazy is the buzzing noise on background .. on Mac, iPad, amplitube, Garageband (even worse here). no matter where I plug it, the buzzing is there and it is very disturbing. any tips on that??
leonardofsilva

Postby Cobbyco » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:03 am

I've just started off with Amplitube for the first time and am having similar latency issues.

i've posted a ticket but found that lowering the buffer size in the Audio MIDI Setup helps. If I go too low I get clicks and pops so have settled on 64 for now and that seems OK.

Sorry if you've already tried this but if not, give it a go
Cobbyco

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:10 pm

Cobbyco wrote:I've just started off with Amplitube for the first time and am having similar latency issues.

i've posted a ticket but found that lowering the buffer size in the Audio MIDI Setup helps. If I go too low I get clicks and pops so have settled on 64 for now and that seems OK.

Sorry if you've already tried this but if not, give it a go

Yes, this is almost always a matter of using a proper audio interface (with a Hi-Z/Instrument input too) with proper buffer settings. 64 is more than acceptable, actually it is quite good, by the way. You should be experience no more latency than if you were standing a short distance from an actual guitar amp.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:44 pm

would anyone ever be interested in doing a remote session with me (for pay) to walk me through this? I am so frustrated after a year of having irig 2. I have ASIO4ALl, tried EVERY single way to get no latency, and it just doesn't work. It sounds like straight crap. It seems like the majority of people on here assume others have "some" knowledge of this, I have ZERO and every single video online makes it like "just plug it in, and boom! clean, no latent sound!" FALSE>

I have my irig amp as out put buffer as low as it goes (the lower I go the more gravel, buzzing) and still cannot get anywhere close to a decent sound and there is ALWAYS latency. I just wish IK actually would provide an actual virual training. I would pay to have someone video chat with me and tell me exactly what I am doing wrong.
Milew8181

Postby smata65 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:49 pm

Milew8181 wrote:would anyone ever be interested in doing a remote session with me (for pay) to walk me through this? I am so frustrated after a year of having irig 2. I have ASIO4ALl, tried EVERY single way to get no latency, and it just doesn't work. It sounds like straight crap. It seems like the majority of people on here assume others have "some" knowledge of this, I have ZERO and every single video online makes it like "just plug it in, and boom! clean, no latent sound!" FALSE>

I have my irig amp as out put buffer as low as it goes (the lower I go the more gravel, buzzing) and still cannot get anywhere close to a decent sound and there is ALWAYS latency. I just wish IK actually would provide an actual virual training. I would pay to have someone video chat with me and tell me exactly what I am doing wrong.

Do You have iRig 2 or iRig HD2? the first is analog, the second digital. Are you trying to use it with a Windows system (You mention ASIO4ALL)?
smata65

Postby Milew8181 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:33 pm

smata65 wrote:
Milew8181 wrote:would anyone ever be interested in doing a remote session with me (for pay) to walk me through this? I am so frustrated after a year of having irig 2. I have ASIO4ALl, tried EVERY single way to get no latency, and it just doesn't work. It sounds like straight crap. It seems like the majority of people on here assume others have "some" knowledge of this, I have ZERO and every single video online makes it like "just plug it in, and boom! clean, no latent sound!" FALSE>

Do You have iRig 2 or iRig HD2? the first is analog, the second digital. Are you trying to use it with a Windows system (You mention ASIO4ALL)?

Sorry I just saw this. I have the Irgig HD 2 and yes it is windows system
Milew8181

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:35 pm

For iRig HD 2 you would want to use the official iRig ASIO drivers available in your IK User Area, IK Product Manager
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Milew8181 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:09 am

Peter_IK wrote:For iRig HD 2 you would want to use the official iRig ASIO drivers available in your IK User Area, IK Product Manager

Yea in know that and I have been that’s the whole reasons I keep posting these questions. Everyone just says “use this driver or lose the latency” obviously nothing works and I just want to pay for a remote session for someone to SHOW me. This is the 3rd product I’ve bought that I have no dang idea how to use it and all videos just show it “Working” as soon as it’s plugged in. I use only the laptop with headphones. Tons of latency and sounds like crap, buzzing like a broken amp sound. Tried the irig amp same ****. I’m just so frustrated I’ve spent so much money and can’t use any. And Al instructions videos show nothing other than it working. No tweets, no “do this if this happens” etc
Milew8181

Postby SenecaReader2 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:19 pm

"high buzz"

computer monitor, and/or adapters plugged in that are creating noise loops. I have the same setup as yours, ipad and hd 2, it's all as super quiet as possible
SenecaReader2

Postby Milew8181 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:20 pm

SenecaReader2 wrote:"high buzz"

computer monitor, and/or adapters plugged in that are creating noise loops. I have the same setup as yours, ipad and hd 2, it's all as super quiet as possible

It would be amazing if just one comment was helpful. Telling me yours is "super quiet" tells me nothing. I appreciate the response but I am not sure how, in any way, that is supposed to help me. That is no where near the setup that I have. are you using external speakers? Are you using an amp as the audio output, headphones, etc? I have no idea what I am doing, clearly, and keep buying these IK products due to their "ease of use" but have found out the opposite.

What is your exact setup - top to bottom.
Guitar into irig
Irig into pc

What settings are needed? I have massive noticeable latency and that is NEVER mentioned in the vast majority of videos on setting these up. The vids make it look so dang easy when it clearly isn't.

I am not using a monitor, just a laptop, guitar and irig HD2
Milew8181

Postby peteroyle » Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:45 pm

Milew8181 wrote:I use only the laptop with headphones. Tons of latency

There’s a 99.9% chance this is a silly question, but are they wired or bluetooth headphones?
peteroyle

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling