Hiss in pedals

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hiss in pedals

Postby kent318 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:50 am

Any time I use a distortion pedal there is horrible hiss, even with the volume all the way down, on any distortion pedal. The others all work great for a sim even fuzz works with out the hiss but no distortion pedals will. I also always have to double up to get any distortion out of this thing so maybe it's me. I don't see this in any other amp sims though.
kent318

Re: Hiss in pedals

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:55 pm

How are you getting your signal into AmpliTube?

It sounds like you may need to adjust your gain staging. If you can better help us understand your signal flow, from guitar to interface, we should be able to make Some suggestions here.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby orlock20 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Some real distortion pedals will hiss along with single coil guitars. That's why real noise gate pedals exist. Use the noise gate feature or envelope filter pedal to get rid of the hiss.
orlock20

Postby kent318 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:55 am

Di from guitar to ur-rt4 line5 in. Don't matter what pedal they all have hiss, it shouldn't overload the signal and I am a real guitar player never needed a noise gate before and I'd like to keep the soft stuff as well. Noise gates don't really resolve that.
kent318

Postby kent318 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:34 am

Hope that helps, sure would be cool to not overdrive it so much the rest of the music is hard to hear. Thanks.
kent318

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Sounds like you might want to also work directly with official IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support since the suggestions here aren't resolving your issue.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kent318 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:01 pm

I guess I'll file a ticket
kent318

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 pm

kent318 wrote:I guess I'll file a ticket

Yes, please note that per the rules posted at the top of this forum this is not a medium for official tech support. Users may chime in but for official support you'll need to work with the team via the ticketing system.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nausearockpig » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:33 pm

kent318 wrote:Any time I use a distortion pedal there is horrible hiss, even with the volume all the way down, on any distortion pedal. The others all work great for a sim even fuzz works with out the hiss but no distortion pedals will. I also always have to double up to get any distortion out of this thing so maybe it's me. I don't see this in any other amp sims though.

Hi,

I'm having the same issue so I've logged a support tix, but am curious if you did you ever resolve this issue?

I'm using Amplitube CS 5 and finding the hiss on the DIODE OVERDRIVE to be extremely loud and invasive in the guitar signal. It's way louder than any of the physical distortion and OD pedals I use and really destroys the recorded sound.

cheers,
J
nausearockpig

Postby Leo3p011 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:31 pm

remove a device in the chain from the guitar to the amp one at a time. Each time play until you think it's gone. That then narrows it down. It could even be the pickup wires are touching the back of the scratchplate. It was with me. I looked for hours !!!!!
Leo3p011

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling