ewi 5000s e amplitube

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ewi 5000s e amplitube

Postby hand70 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:19 pm

Ciao a tutti.
Non riesco a usare il mio ewi 5000s con amplitube, qualcuno mi può aiutare?
Grazie.

P.S. utilizzo ewi 5000s con I RIG DUO e un p.c. windows 10
hand70

Re: ewi 5000s e amplitube

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Sorry I do not speak Italian, you can get support in Italian via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you prefer.

The EWI5000S is a wind controller. It produces no audio itself. AmpliTube is an effect, not an instrument plugin, so you would need to apply AmpliTube as an insert effect with whatever virtual instrument you are controlling with your EWI controller.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hand70 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:55 pm

Tannk you Peter for your answer.

Yes, ewi 5000s is a wind controller but it produces audio too, it has 100 sounds inside.

I watch people (professional) on you tube use ewi and amplitube.

My ewi is very similar to a guitar, it has a jack input like the electric guitar
hand70

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 pm

Sorry, I was only seeing online that it included a sample library. I must have missed that it has sounds inside. You'd need to send that signal to an audio track in your DAW (connect your EWI to your audio interface, send that input to this audio tarck), then apply AmpliTube as an insert effect on that track in that case.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hand70 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:10 pm

Sample tank is a DAW?

Garage Band is a a DAW?
hand70

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:24 pm

SampleTank? No - it is a standalone software instrument or a plug-in that load into a DAW.
GarageBand? Yes
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:49 pm

Here is an Apple Support doc about creating tracks (including audio tracks) in GarageBand: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH24896?vi ... cale=en_US

Here's a doc from them about how to use effect plugins on tracks in GarageBand: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25004?lo ... cale=en_US
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hand70 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Thanks a lot
hand70

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:00 pm

You're welcome.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hand70 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:20 am

Sorry Peter, i notice that amplitube is a DAW too, is correct?

If is right, in which way i can connect and use with my EWI 5000s??

Thank you for your HELP
hand70

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:53 pm

AmpliTube is a standalone program or a plug-in that can be loaded, as an effect, into a DAW program *such as GarageBand). Have a look at the second link in Peter's reply, above.

Can you describe how you want to use your EWI 5000s with GarageBand / AmpliTube?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:09 pm

PS I cannot find any trace of a EWI 5000s.

Did you mean this one? https://www.akaipro.com/ewi5000
EWI5000 comes loaded with more than 3GB of built-in high-quality sounds designed by SONiVOX, a leading creator of premium virtual instruments and software synthesis technologies. These instruments span across just about every music genre and put traditional orchestral sounds (e.g. horn, brass, and woodwind) and non-traditional sounds (e.g. progressive synths, basses, and leads) at your fingertips.

So you could connect the EWI line out to your computer (assuming that the levels are OK) and thence to the AmpliTube program. Then you can apply the AmpliTube effect processors to the sound from the EWI.

Even better, connect the EWI line out to your computerand thence to the GarageBand DAW, with AmpliTube loaded as an effect plug-in. Then you use all the DAW features (recording, other effects, mixing etc) and can apply the AmpliTube effect processors to the sound from the EWI.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby hand70 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:11 pm

I connect my ewi to a p.c. (windows) and i can play easly with sample tank, syntronik and mirosalv. But i cannot play with amplitube.

I would like (with amplitube) use the sound bank of my ewi and even the sound bank of the
other software (s.t. - miros - syntr.)

P.S. I have Garage Band on my I Pad with a light version of amplitube, but i can not use the
ewi 5000 too

* i use I RIG DUO and ASIO FOR ALL, this second one only with my p.c.
hand70

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:27 pm

hand70 wrote: ... p.c. (windows)
Ah, I thought from your previous posts that you were using GarageBand on a MAc.

hand70 wrote:I connect my ewi to a p.c. (windows) and i can play easly with sample tank, syntronik and mirosalv. But i cannot play with amplitube.

That sounds like you are using the EWI to send MIDI into those 3 products. The MIDI is then used in those products to trigger the sounds form their sounds libraries.

Have I got that correct?

If so, you cannot use AmpliTube (AT4) in the same way as it is an effect. It does not have any sounds of its own; it receives an audio input and applies its various gear models to that audio.

hand70 wrote:I would like (with amplitube) use the sound bank of my ewi and even the sound bank of the other software (s.t. - miros - syntr.)

To use the EWI sound bank with AT4, then
DarkStar wrote:... you could connect the EWI line out to your computer (assuming that the levels are OK) and thence to the AmpliTube program. Then you can apply the AmpliTube effect processors to the sound from the EWI.

DarkStar wrote:Or connect the EWI line out (audio) to your computer and thence to the GarageBand a DAW, with AmpliTube loaded as an effect plug-in. Then you use all the DAW features (recording, other effects, mixing etc) and can apply the AmpliTube effect processors to the sound from the EWI.

To use the IK Multimedia sounds with AT4, then
Connect the EWI USB (MIDI) to your computer and thence to the DAW, with SampleTank (for example) loaded as a plug-in instrument and AmpliTube loaded as an effect plug-in. Then you use all the DAW features (recording, other effects, mixing etc) and can apply the AmpliTube effect processors to those sounds
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby hand70 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Whath does it mean when you say: "assuming that the levels are ok?"
hand70

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling