High CPU Load as AU Plugin Logic X

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

High CPU Load as AU Plugin Logic X

Postby netmania » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Hello to all at IK Multimedia and here at the forum,

I´m using Amplitube since Version 3 and now Version 4.8.2 on my Macbook Pro 15 2014 with 2.2 GHZ Quadcore I7 , 16 GB Ram and a NVME Samsung Evo 970 500 GB SSD.

My Audiointerface is a RME Babyface with newest Driver. v3.16 with 128 Samples and with 8,4 ms Roundtrip Latency. I use Logic 10.4.6 in lowest Project Resolution Mode 44 KHZ and 16 Bit.

If i play with Amplitube Fender, Slash etc. the Sound is phenomenal :-)

My problem is that after awhile - maybe 10 Minutes or less i have a dropout in the recording. In Systemmonitor from Amplitube and Logic as well the cpu and ssd values are near idle. Only thing is the threads have spikes to full. And in that moments i get the dropouts. This doesn `t happen with the Logic VI s or others like Two Notes WoS or Arturia etc.

I have constantly upgraded my Hardware from Windows to Mac since 5 Years because i always had probs with dropouts with Amplitube. I also raised the samples to 256 but then i have a latency from near 15 ms - no way to play guitar accurate.

Can anyone at the IK staff help me out to sort that kind of problems?

By the way - you guys doa superb job with your love to details in sound and graphics. I love your products.

Greetings from Germany

Mike
netmania

Re: High CPU Load as AU Plugin Logic X

Postby garfy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:40 pm

Hello there Mike

As this sounds like it is quite system specific, I would suggest you raise a ticket with IK Official Support here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/

This is a user-to-user forum and not direct to Support, so this is your best option unless another user chimes in with some suggestions for you. Remember however that similar problems and their solutions may not work for you. Official Support will work with you for some one-to-one help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby netmania » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:31 am

Thank you for your kindly response. Unfortunately i´m not able to send my case to support since i always get the message

Error - Please check your fields and re-submit:

Invalid characters used in Message field.

I have no special characters. I only try to send my case to your support via Safari from a Mac.
Is it possible to send an e-mail directly?

Greetings

Mike
netmania

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 am

I have asked Support to have a look at this thread and into the Support Form problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby netmania » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:04 am

Thanx

Will try to send my case in a few days once more.
netmania

Postby DarkStar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:37 am

Can you try a different Browser?

Or try this link, to discuss the Support Form submission problem:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-us/
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:14 pm

netmania wrote:Can anyone at the IK staff help me out to sort that kind of problems?

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry to hear of your troubles with AmpliTube and opening a support ticket. I've reached out to your in a PM to see what we can do to help here.

Thanks to the MODS here for pushing you to the right directions.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling