Amplitube 4 internal gain staging

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 internal gain staging

Postby VAPstudio » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi everyone,
I'd like to make a question as I cannot find the answer in the manual and searching the web. I always try to have the proper gain staging in every track, plugin etc I use . This makes my life easier in the mixing stage of my projects.
I cannot understand what is happening if there is a signal going red into the AmpliTube 4 meaning the point after the input (| always optimize input levels) and before output master volume
(control). I realized that in some "presets" the input and output levels are where I want to be but the meters in the rack sections are hitting red.
I cannot hear any unwanted digital distortion but I am wondering if there is alteration or even soft digital clipping occurring in the sound and its quality that maybe I cannot notice. Do I have to check the internal gain staging always and in every stage or according to floating point the only place where digital distortion happens is in the output level?

Thanks a lot
VAPstudio

Re: Amplitube 4 internal gain staging

Postby puranon » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:56 pm

The volume pedal is just a straight gain so you use in case the input level to the AMP or the input level between stomps is too hot.
puranon

Re: Amplitube 4 internal gain staging

Postby jjguitar » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:54 pm

VAPstudio wrote:Hi everyone,

I cannot understand what is happening if there is a signal going red into the AmpliTube 4 meaning the point after the input (| always optimize input levels) and before output master volume
(control). I realized that in some "presets" the input and output levels are where I want to be but the meters in the rack sections are hitting red.
I cannot hear any unwanted digital distortion but I am wondering if there is alteration or even soft digital clipping occurring in the sound and its quality that maybe I cannot notice. Do I have to check the internal gain staging always and in every stage or according to floating point the only place where digital distortion happens is in the output level?

Thanks a lot

good question :?:
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling