Buy Pack with free AmpliTube 4 vs Paid AmpliTube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Buy Pack with free AmpliTube 4 vs Paid AmpliTube 4

Postby WickedToneProduction » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Dear All,

I have costum shop installed with free AmpliTube 4. I am considering to purchase an AmpliTube pack. Is there a tonal difference if I use AmpliTube free or would it be better to buy basic AmpliTube 4 first? Is there a difference?

Someone said so,mentioning that with the free version there no Insert A available. And that he could not get a satisfying tone with is Dimebag Darrell pack. Not sure if that make sense.

If someone could confirm if it differ between the two versions, that would be well appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time.
WickedToneProduction

Re: Buy Pack with free AmpliTube 4 vs Paid AmpliTube 4

Postby garfy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi WickedToneProductions

There is no tonal difference between the CS (Free) version and a paid for version of AT4.

The differences are functionality and the use of inserts is one of the elements not in the free version. How much difference this would make to tone is probably in the ears of the beholder. Will it make a difference? Technically, yes. Does it make that much of a difference? I don't know.

If it was me (and it was when I first started with AT some years ago) I would go with the free version of AT4 and buy an add-on pack. When you've exhausted the possible combinations of the gear you own, then look to buy something else.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:02 pm

Note that the four new British amps that were introduced with AmpliTube 4 are not available individually so you'd want to get AmpliTube 4 for those if you want those amps.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby WickedToneProduction » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:29 am

Thank you for the info and confirmation.

I will look at this closely this weekend.
WickedToneProduction

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:36 pm

garfy wrote:The differences are functionality and the use of inserts is one of the elements not in the free version.

I did not realise that there were differences between AT4 CS and AT4; I guess that the functionality is controlled by the Serial number / Authorization. Is there a definitive list of the differences somewhere?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garfy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:54 am

As far as I know, they're mostly the same, but I seem to remember on-launch that apart from the new Marshall models, you couldn't access the inserts, stomps couldn't be used in the rack (and vice versa), you didn't get the new pair of 57s (one on-axis, one off), the acoustic simulator, additional recorder tracks, the cab room and speaker switching (although these last two are now included in the CS version).

I think those are the main differences - can any one confirm/deny? I can't see anything definitive on the website.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Following up on this:

Peter, Ryan,

Can you post a definitive list of the differences in functionality between AT4 and the free AT4 CS? This could help those picking items in the Pick&Mix Group Buy.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:30 pm

Hey Guys,

AmpliTube 4 CS (Custom Shop) is a free version of AmpliTube, including the Custom Shop and 24 free gear models. This is missing some key features like the full 8-track recorder, Looper section, and the new 3D cab room with speaker swapping.

AmpliTube 4 is a paid version of AmpliTube which includes all of the features above, as well as a collection of newly modeled gear to get you started. As Peter mentions, AmpliTube 4 comes with the British Collection which cannot be purchased individually.

Personally (I know, I'm a little biased ;P but) I do believe AmpliTube 4 is a great option, I use it all the time to take full advantage of my collections.

The best way to see in depth the differences in each program and how they affect you, is to first check our some of our documentation (Links below), the next step is to download AmpliTube 4 CS (Custom Shop). This is a free download unlocked for all IK Multimedia users.

While there is a 10 day full access demo period to try the (paid version) AmpliTube 4, using your AmpliTube 4 CS serial from your User Area -> My Products section of your IK Multimedia account will cause only the AmpliTube 4 CS gear and features to be accessible.

Let me know if you guys have any further questions or need help trying stuff out.

Click here for full information & the gear list for AmpliTube 4 CS (Custom Shop)

Click here for full information on AmpliTube 4

Click here for a list of gear with AmpliTube 4 or AmpliTube 4 CS

Note: Using the bottom link you can scroll to the bottom of the page and see what gear is included with almost any AmpliTube collection.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:15 pm

Thank you Ryan - it was the difference in functionality I was unclear about. That was difficulat to extract from the product web pages. I had used the third link to check out the differences in gear.

I am very keen on comparison tables to allow users to compare the contents / functionality of products in a product family. Something along the lines of (E&OE):
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling