Amplitube Custom Shop - "Gain" Knob Greyed-Out

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube Custom Shop - "Gain" Knob Greyed-Out

Postby jettison » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Hi All,

Curious why the Gain knob (in the Free version) of Amplitube is greyed-out on the Amp titled, "American Tube Clean 1 and 2" ? The amp sounds distorted and looking to back-off the gain. I unlocked the free version by entering the required serial number. All my input levels are adjusted properly. Stomp A and B are "Empty". Please see photo embedded. Thank you.

win7pro
Intel i5 processor
16 gigs memory
Using Amplitube inside Reaper

Last edited by jettison on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jettison

Re: Amplitube Custom Shop - "Gain" Knob Greyed-Out

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Those amps don't have or model a gain stage. That is there since it is a legacy model from previous versions that sometimes reused parts of the GUI layouts. I would make sure you're not hitting the amp with a pedal or similar that may be pushing it, and make sure the levels going in aren't super hot.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Amplitube Custom Shop - "Gain" Knob Greyed-Out

Postby jettison » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:27 pm

OK, better. Thank you for the suggestion. Backed off on the input level and it's now centered (at 12 o'clock).
jettison

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling